• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense I eat a Bhut Jolokia every day!

I purchased Dried Bhuts. I eat around 1/3 of a Bhut with each meal. It is hard, but I'm building up a tolerance. There is smokey BBQ like sweetness mixed in with the pain, and the endorphin rush is great. I'm hoping to get over the initial panic.

It is fun to be eating the worlds hottest pepper. It is much tastier than a Haberno. I'v eaten a fresh Haberno, which to me was just pure pain, without any benefits.

I've goot go to new Mexico to try a fresh one. Are they hotter than dried ones?

I have never tried a dried one but the fresh ones are :mouthonfire: Have you tried rehydrating some and consuming like that?

huntsman said:
I've been snipping away at one over the course of five meals...

Maybe I'm a pooftah...??

:rofl: I doubt that very much Paul! I was very inebriated when i consumed three quarters of a rather large one.

I haven't tried any Nagas or other super hot peppers yet, but I love the taste of habaneros. I'll be surprised, actually, if the habanero can be overtaken, taste-wise. It'd be a pleasant surprise, though. In food, I can usually handle three habs quite well. Fresh and eaten whole though, just one of them usually kicks my ass, with intense hiccups and even pain in my ears being the worst problems. Occasionally it'll feel like there's a stream of irritation down my stomach... that's not too pleasant either. The heat itself is great though (although I've had some whose heat were actually pretty hard to handle). I just wish I could get over the damn hiccups/earaches... those suck.

dragon49 said:
I eat dried Bhuts. I suspect fresh ones will be harder to take.

I'm not too sure about that. I have no science to back this up but I think that dried or not the capsaicin content stays the same dried or fresh??? If anything I think dried would be hotter because the pepper would lose all liquid there for concentrating the capsaicin, because it is an oil, it would is a different process to remove not by purely dehydrating....

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

UltraZelda64 said:
I haven't tried any Nagas or other super hot peppers yet, but I love the taste of habaneros. I'll be surprised, actually, if the habanero can be overtaken, taste-wise. It'd be a pleasant surprise, though.

In my opinion there are far better peppers than the orange hab and so many other great flavors out there. Have you tried fataliis, I'm sure you'll instantly fall in love

POTAWIE said:
In my opinion there are far better peppers than the orange hab and so many other great flavors out there. Have you tried fataliis, I'm sure you'll instantly fall in love

Not yet. Last year was my first year growing, I was unprepared and started way too late. As a result, I didn't have much more than a few "common" types, with the only chinense being the orange habanero. This year I'm getting one of each of 30 varieties, Fatalli included, and the Fatalii is one of the ones I'm most excited about based on all the good things I've heard about them. Can't wait to try 'em all.

Back