• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I got it done

This weekend, I set out to accomplish an ambitious set of projects.

Collect and turn all the ripe toms into juice - done! Fourteen quarts.

Pick all the ripe green beans - done, though I only got about two quarts.

Pluck all the ripe peppers - done. Pics tomorrow. They are better than AJ's 14th harvest but far from what he and others have reaped in other endeavors. But I got a chance to closely examine every plant - keeping my fingers crossed for a very late frost.

Last but not least, move my indoor tom and its lights. That was the hardest, though picking and canning the toms took the longest time.

Can I opine without sounding like I am whining, that I am one tired puppy??!! The reason - I work on the weekends at my day job. So that took out 16 hours of time.

I will sleep tight and probably won't feel if the bed bugs bite! But I love it.

I like the way this plant is growing. Nice stem, not a lot of internode space. I figure it will flower but the challenge will probably be to get it to set fruit.

movedtom.jpg

Mike

glad you got all your chores done Mike...that tomato looks very very healthy..

Looks like you had a busy day! I wouldn't mind spending all days harvesting and such, I hope I can make a post like yours in about a year! :)

Pictures of the peppers

Pictures of my harvest from yesterday:

tray1.jpg

Starting at 1:00 and going around:
Naga Morish, my lone Trinidad Scorpion (so far), Red Savina, Scotch Bonnet, Fatali.

tray2.jpg

Starting at high noon, same order:
Thai Dragon, Large Congo, ??? - but Shaun said they are extremely hot, Poinsettia, Passilo

tray3.jpg

Same as above:
Anaheim, another unknown, perhaps yellow mushroom?, Bulgarian Carrot, Santa Fe, Datil, Chinese 5-Color, Hungarian Hot Wax (not ripe), Black Pearl

Mike

tray4.jpg

Starting at 1:00
Jalapeno, Trifetti, Malaga Bird, Unknown, Largo Purple, Royal Black, Zibabwe Birds Eye.

Soem of these things are so small - it takes 16 ounces of them to make a pound.:hell:

And a picture of the juice from the white(?) tomatoes.

yellowjuice.jpg

As you can see, there is not much water at the top. Ought to make some good chili.

Mike

skealo said:
Looks good! Whats ur favorite pepper of the bunch?
No doubt, the Hungarian Hot Wax. But I really want to try the Passilo as far as slicing and putting on hamburgers. And the jalapenos are the best I've seen for smoking, though I have to try the Bulgarian Carrots.

Mike

Nice work Mike. It's a labor of love no? I have been making a hell of a lot of salsa and sauce myself lately. Sometimes when I am doing it I think "man this stuff is cheap and I already have 5 other bottles I didn't even open yet, why I am I doing this", but when I am done I taste some and look at all the bottles I have stacked up and think "yeah that's why". Congrats on a successful season.

Great work Mike. The white tom juice looks great. I can't wait to get my white toms and white habs going to get some good all white chilli sause.

How many white toms did it take to get that much juice??

wordwiz said:
No doubt, the Hungarian Hot Wax. But I really want to try the Passilo as far as slicing and putting on hamburgers. And the jalapenos are the best I've seen for smoking, though I have to try the Bulgarian Carrots.

Mike

The hot wax!? I was not expecting that... What are some of the ways u like them(besides fresh that is)?

skealo,

As all the veterans on this forum know, I am the ultimate wuss when it comes to actually eating peppers. I simply have not adapted to the pain (or pleasure!) of hot peppers.

But, I slice and add them to any red meat I fix. I use the powder in just about everything, form mashed potatoes to scrambled eggs. About the only dish I can think of that cannot be improved on with te powder is ice cream, and the jury is still out on that!

Mike

wordwiz said:
skealo,

As all the veterans on this forum know, I am the ultimate wuss when it comes to actually eating peppers. I simply have not adapted to the pain (or pleasure!) of hot peppers.

But, I slice and add them to any red meat I fix. I use the powder in just about everything, form mashed potatoes to scrambled eggs. About the only dish I can think of that cannot be improved on with te powder is ice cream, and the jury is still out on that!

Mike

LOL!!! I'm still adjusting to the hot ones also....

The question I have now, what are you doing with the fire peppers u had in the picture?

Back