• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I Got Pepper Scammed!

So my Bhut Jolokia seeds were given to me and I planted them on Jan. 7, 2011 and now almost 5 months in, i decide to look into where my seeds came from. So my friend tells me she got them from Amazon.com (oh no!) and since i don't really trust to many seed sellers on amazon, i decided to look into the copmany that sold her the seeds. Their company name is 9GreenBox. when i start combing the customer reviews, everyone gave them bad reviews claiming there jolokia seeds are a fraud and all they are, are milder peppers. No now im stuck with fake jolokia's and Im wondering what type of peppers these are. Any ideas? Or is it too soon to tell?

scam001.JPG

scam002.JPG

scam003.JPG

DO NOT BUY FROM 9GREENBOX

Caribbean Red Habanero is my guess. Your not the first to buy and this isnt the first company to sell them as such.

Enjoy your Caribs, they are a nice pepper :)

Looks to be some sort of habanero. Cant really tell until they are ripe. Judging by the shape it could be a carib red?? It seems everyone who gets scammed thinking they are getting bhuts get carib reds.
As Alphaeon said..if they are carib reds they are a very nice variety

Caribbean Red Habanero is my guess. Your not the first to buy and this isnt the first company to sell them as such.

Enjoy your Caribs, they are a nice pepper :)

Cool, ill send more pics in a couple weeks and ask again. I had to reorder some jolokia seeds cause i was really looking forward to the jolokias and i was very disappointed. I bought them myself this time. I went to the hippycompany but ive been trying to ask them question and im guessing the arent too internet savvy cause it takes them a week at a time to reply to an email. i ended up buying some from thechilipeppercompany. although they are located out of the states and they told me that they are going to be behind schedule and they didnt really give me a time frame. this sux! lol

Cool, ill send more pics in a couple weeks and ask again. I had to reorder some jolokia seeds cause i was really looking forward to the jolokias and i was very disappointed. I bought them myself this time. I went to the hippycompany but ive been trying to ask them question and im guessing the arent too internet savvy cause it takes them a week at a time to reply to an email. i ended up buying some from thechilipeppercompany. although they are located out of the states and they told me that they are going to be behind schedule and they didnt really give me a time frame. this sux! lol

I know exactly how you feel. Bought plants last year from Amazon without knowing any better. Took great care of them only to find out they werent what they were supposed to be. Also bought a Caribbean Red Hab from a local nursery that turned out to be a green pepper :eek:

Hippy is great! Neil said in another thread he is quite busy at the moment so don`t worry!
You will get exactly what you want from them.

Looks like, well... C. chinense. had Orange Habaneros, Caribbean Red Habaneros, Pink Habaneros and other C. chinense looking exactly the same when green. the only visual difference was the ripe color.

judging by their light color they could even be an orange habanero... still, pretty tasty peppers. i only hope they didn't charge you too much for them.

not all e-bayers are bad though: i bought some seeds from http://shop.ebay.ca/asiasgarden/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562 last year and they turned out great. good service and if i remember correctly they sent me extra seeds and some of their chili powder

well i might order some more from hippy but since he's caught up himself, is it going to take weeks on end for my seeds to arrive, cause i already ordered from thechilipeppercompany and they said it was gonna be a few weeks. ahhh! im fustrated.

ok, so the majority of everyone states that its atleast some form of hab. i guess we just gotta wait and see.

If you need it with the quickness... pepperlover is another member here and I can vouch for her stuff :dance:

Alot of so called bhuts are infact Carib reds... IMO the same supplier is supplying resellers
with them. Hippy and pepperlover sell their own seed.

Mister...Their mailing system has actually improved lately. He HAS gotten rediculously busy lately filling out orders after the new world record stuff. BUT, I recently got some seeds from him that took just 9 days.
Either place is a good one to get seeds from. One you might want to consider is PepperLover.com She's a member on here, in case u didnt know. Awesome service, and rediculously awesome germination rates!

As unofficial PR manager for The hippy seed company i have been authorised (by myself) to fix this situation NOW!
Pm me your addy and i will send you ten seeds of each, Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia and THSC's very own NagaBon.

All direct from Neil, all in their labeled packets.

Its alllllll good!

As unofficial PR manager for The hippy seed company i have been authorised (by myself) to fix this situation NOW!
Pm me your addy and i will send you ten seeds of each, Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia and THSC's very own NagaBon.

All direct from Neil, all in their labeled packets.

Its alllllll good!

..can leap tall buildings in a single bound :rofl: Nova you da man!

Nova is the greatest man on Earth. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly not intelligent. Nova has won trophies for his game-face alone. One question though if I may Nova? What is a Nagabon?

Sure Jay, a NagaBon is a cross between a Naga and a Scotch Bonnet. Been tested at 850,000 shu and the pods grow massive MASSIVE even lol. Flavour is to be commended too they taste awesome in thier fruity goodness then POW right in the kisser!

+1 on most likely Carribean Reds. I purchased 4 seedlings on ebay last year from hirts gardens that were supposed to be Bhut Jolokias but they all turned out to be Carribean Reds.

Back