• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I had an accident

I went over to my favorite brewery, BJ’s, on Friday and ordered up a pound of wings. I slapped some Defcon Condition 2 on them and proceeded to eat. Stupid move on my part. The immense amount of steam flowing off the mound of dead poultry parts should have been the give away as to how hot these things were, but noooooo. I had to go and eat them right then and there.

I ended up burning my tongue. Not in the good, chili-head heat way, but in the “I can’t really taste much and hot sauce irritates the wound” way. I’ll be taking a week off of writing reviews and eating hot sauce while I nurse my poor tasting rod back to health. This sucks. I'm being forcably deprived of one of the few things in life that give me pleasure...$20 says I'll go through chili withdrawal.

dreamtheatervt said:
I've done that before, but with coffee. I just didn't have the sense to sue the store that sold it to me. Get well soon.

Ummmmm, I think that I'll just refund yer money on that order. :onfire:

Wow, sh8t keeps flowing right now. I got food poisining on Sunday night...Still attempting to recover, but I'm at work right now so...ugh.

Shooty* said:
taco bell?
Nope, it was either the Chili Cheese fries from BJ's or the Hot Dog from 7-11...I'm betting on the hot dog. I usually stay VERY far away from 7-11 AND hot dogs, but I was soooo hungry and there it was, so I went for it.

imaguitargod said:
Nope, it was either the Chili Cheese fries from BJ's or the Hot Dog from 7-11...I'm betting on the hot dog. I usually stay VERY far away from 7-11 AND hot dogs, but I was soooo hungry and there it was, so I went for it.

I'd have to agree....I had a couple of burritos from 7-11 last saturday night, and i turned completely inside out within a hour or so. I techni-color yawned so hard i popped a bunch of blood vessels on my face around my eyes and nose. I looked like i fell off my bike on the way to school it was so bad. I guess what ticked me off the most(besides my face looking like a friggin roadmap) was all i could think about was all the Cape Fear that went down the toilet. Damnit!

I slipped down some stairs at the train station this morning and landed smack on my left ass cheek. It hurts. Lots.

What really got me was the old crone in front of me who turned and glared, with the ugliness that only a lifetime of bad character can bring, at this young whippersnapper who DARED to fall over and make such a noise! I clearly did it entirely on purpose with the sole aim of destroying the peace of her morning.

On that particular occassion, too much of a german beer called Faustenburg the night before. I think that's how you spell it. Stronger than Stella Artois, apparently.

imaguitargod said:

i do now..but did you ever used to get the "spicy bite" ? basically a decent sized hot dog with crushed red pepper and maybe some other spices mixed in. after drinking or smoking a bit..damn those things were good! ;)

I find that after drinking and smoking most anything tastes good. I once tried to eat my pillow...oh wait... that was the mushrooms that made me do that.... That was the same night I tried to crawl into my shoe (needless to say, it didn't work).

My tasting rod is now officially better. I've been consuming Cape Fear's Red Savina sauce today like it was the end of the world...so good....

Back