• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I have a Car problem.....

As many of you already know, I have a hot sauce and gun collecting problem.....

....but what is lesser known is that I also have an affinity for cars......and recently, that has been for the Pontiac Solstice GXP.

I already had one....an automatic car.....that I only drove on pretty days......and a 2008 Smart that was my daily driver.....

....till I hit a deer at 60MPH and creamed the front of the Smart. (now under reconstruction)!

So....I needed another daily car.

What did I buy????

Yep.....I have issues.....

PutZPMW.jpg

udBTfzH.jpg

tYt7DUx.jpg

Bonus: Picture of what a Smart Car looks like after a direct collision with a 120lb. deer at 60 MPH:

KPDUCYr.jpg

Anyone that makes fun of those little cars has no idea how safe they are. I survived (the deer did not) and the damn air bag didn't even deploy!

i always liked the looks of the solstice. is the new purchase a stick? what engine? 

i heard the smart cars have something like a roll cage and are fairly safe? you are in corvette land there, you must see them everywhere?

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
i always liked the looks of the solstice. is the new purchase a stick? what engine? 

i heard the smart cars have something like a roll cage and are fairly safe? you are in corvette land there, you must see them everywhere?

The "new" one is a 2008....5-speed....and both it and the 2007 are 2.0L Ecotec turbo cars.

c80TOe2.jpg

Yes, the entire body of the Smart is basically a giant roll cage. They're definitely over-engineered.

Yep. I live 12 miles from the Corvette Plant and proving grounds. There are Corvettes everywhere. And....as a veteran, I get into the Corvette museum for free!  ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
I'll take the '71 Squareback over in the corner.

It could be yours!! :dance:

I've been thinking about posting her on The Samba for quite a while.

paulky_2000 said:

The "new" one is a 2008....5-speed....and both it and the 2007 are 2.0L Ecotec turbo cars.

c80TOe2.jpg

Yes, the entire body of the Smart is basically a giant roll cage. They're definitely over-engineered.

Yep. I live 12 miles from the Corvette Plant and proving grounds. There are Corvettes everywhere. And....as a veteran, I get into the Corvette museum for free!  ;)

It could be yours!! :dance:

I've been thinking about posting her on The Samba for quite a while.
nice! i grew up driving with manual transmissions. i read that only 2% of cars sold in the US now are manual shift. many people here have never driven a stick shift and it`s becoming a lost art.

Back