• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I have a hunch that these arent bhut jolokias.. :-(

They're too bumpy and full round to be bhuts. What do you think?

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

the only reason why I doubt is because I had received seeds from both nmsu and ebay, and they got mixed. Should be ripe soon, I'll post back when theyre done, and when we decide to eat them.

I agree with MadHatter they look 7Pod-ish just because of the roundness at the stem and length defintly let them grow longer. Were the Flea-Bay seeds supposed to be Bhuts as well ? Really to bad they got mixed

yea they were both supposed to be bhuts. When I look at the stem, it doesnt go over the pepper like a cap that I see on bhuts, it is almost like recessed at the top where the pepper comes back up before moving down into the pod shape.

I'll be growing them out for sure because they are spicy as heck and smell very nice and strong, but having never smelled or tasted a bhut before, I have no idea.

Wont be ordering from ebay anymore..

Ordered T scorps, yellow 7's, bonda ma jacques, and fatalli from neil @ hippyseedco. Will grow those in the aerogarden as well.

You might also find the second run of pods end up looking more like the bhut shape your expecting :) Some plants throw out crazy looking pods the first time round then settle down.

First run of Dorset pods
ripeningdorset003.jpg

Then same plant later in the year

dorsetrrrr001.jpg

hahah thats so strange! Cant believe thats the same plant. Yea I'd agree with that actually, the habaneros on my mass producing monster arent really how they looked at the end of the year last year.

Back