• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

i need to harden the......

i just got my ass kicked by a bowl of salsa, it was a rather large bowl too the salsa by itself is very mild but i decided to kick it up a knotch so i put some "spontainious combustion" sauce in it. about half a teaspoon in a like 2 cups of salsa. so not much sauce and lots of salsa... i need to harden the fak up.

There are two threads floating around of yours that hint towards you having to harden up, go and drink a can of concrete brother! :rofl:

j/k

I'm a light weight...I admit it. Heck...Sriracha makes me break out in to a sweat sometimes. I'll be in big trouble when my Scorpions are ready this summer.

I'm such a wuss this time of year. I can only seem to build up my tolerance so much with sauces and frozen peppers over the winter but once I start eating fresh peppers this time of year it really hits the back of me throat mate;)

POTAWIE said:
I'm such a wuss this time of year. I can only seem to build up my tolerance so much with sauces and frozen peppers over the winter but once I start eating fresh peppers this time of year it really hits the back of me throat mate;)

:lol: I hear ya. I can't wait for the first fresh peppers of the year to get me going although sometimes the first few tries end up a little less than pleasant. You would think that I would know better and ease into it but NOOOO!!! :crazy:

nubster said:
I'm a light weight...I admit it. Heck...Sriracha makes me break out in to a sweat sometimes. I'll be in big trouble when my Scorpions are ready this summer.

I don't know what it is about sriracha sauce that gets me, but it does. I can eat the same amounts of Holy Jolokia and not have a problem. I dunno man. I dunno

I got some of Dave's Dragon Dust with a order of seeds, definitely very, very hot, trying that for a bit of "hardening".................:mouthonfire:

Novacastrian said:
Different types of Capsaicin Blister!

Yea they're different, but you'd think the Holy Jolokia would give me a beat down considering what sriracha does to me. It's like waves of heat all over and my scalp sweats like crazy.

zuck said:
Forgive my innocence... what is Jolokia??

Jolokia is a type of chilli that comes from India originally. In India there is a place called Nagaland hence the name "Naga jolokia".
Current official world record holder for the hottest chilli pepper on the planet although many believe that there are hotter varieties out there.

Eat chiles/peppers every day of your life from here on out and you will harden up soon enough. Try to have chile/peppers in some form every meal you can and it will become a very healthy habit.

...and eighth of a tablespoon of dried tabasco on to enough meat for 4 huge burritos made my girlfriend complain of a back of the throat kick...

Back