• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Ict's For Poverty Alleviation In India

Two things:
1. this should probably be in "promotions" based on the solicitation for likes.

2. We have quite a lot of poverty here in the USA too. Once the US school system is fixed, our homeless population has social services available to them and unemployment isn't 10%+ across the nation I'll start to think about how to help India. Until then I'll focus on how we can help Americans. Besides, India gets plenty of US dollars - check out the amount of work outsourced. Maybe Indians should be thinking of ways to help the improverished Indians using all of that influx of wealth the country is seeing?

IMO if India has the financial resources and the intellectual ability to arm itself with nuclear weapons.....they should be able to care of its residents.

Priorities are important

Dear Friends, thanks a lot for the comments, every country have their Poverty Issues, i agree to that. but what i really intent to say on this topic is, to support this book " [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Ict's For Poverty Alleviation In India" (not financial support) just by clicking "LIkE" on your facebook, so that it will have reading impact particularly in India. [/background]

thank you.

There is financial impact to "liking" something. That's how Facebook is monetized. More likes = broader reach = greater revenue opportunity. .

Thanks, but no thanks.

Good luck with your cause/book.

There's a BIG difference between "India Poor" and "Wal-Mart Poor". Indians are on their own in life, there is no nanny state over there. If you have no money, you either beg, steal, or work your butt off, otherwise you die in the gutter.

There's a BIG difference between "India Poor" and "Wal-Mart Poor". Indians are on their own in life, there is no nanny state over there. If you have no money, you either beg, steal, or work your butt off, otherwise you die in the gutter.
While this is true, you also have to consider the social ramifications of this reality.

India has a thriving high tech economy. Why no social support structure?

The belief in karma - if it is your lot to die in the gutter, then that is God's will. I would be hurting your Karma to help you and this negatively impacting my Karma.

And with the caste system it's merely a matter of fact that you're dying in the gutter and i am a high tech worker. In the next life perhaps our roles will be reversed.

But it's not like there's no money in India - something like 60% of our development jobs have been outsourced to India in the last 10 years.

So while i agree with you that "india poor" is worse than "wallmart poor", it begs the question of why don't the Indians help themselves?

And you do realize the US has people dying in the gutter too? A level well below "Wallmart poor". Just sayin.

So while i agree with you that "india poor" is worse than "wallmart poor", it begs the question of why don't the Indians help themselves?

Perhaps it has to do with the fact they are 1.2 billion of them in a country less than 1/3 the area of the USA. Too many people. Plus the fact that foreign countries and colonized and exploited them for centuries, and now in the modern day exploit them by paying despicably low wages because its more profitable than providing healthcare and pensions to Americans, Brits, and Canadians to do the same work back home.

So industries from Europe that come here and pay american workers "despicably low wages" because it's more profitable for them, making them pay out of pocket for healthcare doesn't count? It's only an American issue?

/thread it's going nowhere.

The days of colonization are long gone. India is one of the fastest growing economies on the planet. They have the fastest growing high tech sector and the people "paying despicably low wages" is Tata Consulting Services, the largest tech employer over there. They essentially contract out slave labor to US companies and pay their own people a fraction of the massive intake of revenue. US companies in fact pay almost the same for an Indian contractor on an H1 visa as they do for an American worker.

The only difference is benefits. No vacation, no healthcare, no maternity/paternity leave - it adds up fast.

What's needed for the US is to impose enough penalty on outsourcing that it incentivizes US companies to hire locally.

And what is needed for India is to stop enslaving their own people - but again, that's built into their society as a social norm with a caste system and the concept of living one's karma.

Either way I don't see how it's the US' problem to solve. Great Brittain perhaps. But the US never colonized India.

But I agree with Blue - this topic is going nowhere and it should be in promotions.

I did my part for world change this last week, I voted (for a commander in chief, change). Nothing on Facebook interests me that much.

I used to be on MySpace way back in 2006. Even that was lame. When facebook came along it seemed like a rip-off of lame MySpace, so I never signed up. Glad I didn't... now that we all know its a globalist database for enslavement and facial recognition!!!! AHHHH! ;)

Back