• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

If you could only grow ONE pepper what would it be?

As someone who has honestly not eaten any peppers hotter than a Hab or grown any superhots I give my vote to the Serrano Pepper. For me my one plant this year has churned out harvest after harvest of awesome peppers, good heat and very versatile. I made salsa tonight and kicked up one batch with them and it had a nice burn.

I actually agree with Silver Surfer! Their flavor is exceptional and useful in so many ways, Outside of that, Orange Thai probably as I use them endlessly.

Chris

My answer will probably always be the cayenne. Really enjoy a lot of the new peppers I am growing this year, and a lot of the ones I have grown for many years, but I have to go cayenne. Can't help it, I am a creole kind of guy.

Recently got some orange thai for next year. Really looking foward to them.
My Jamaican hot chocolates are pretty damn yummy.
Leaning toward those or a yellow 7 of some sorts, as i love the yel 7 LRGs and yel brains.
Ga GH

Despite my attempts last season the hottest variety I have actually grown and eaten is Orange Hab. :( I found the jalapenos I've grown tasty but not exceptional.

I like the Orange Thai and Aji Lemon taste better. Got tons of superhot starts going so might change my mind this season.

To use every day, in every dish, for everyone ? Poblano. Hands down.
Here's what you see in every meal here. I kick it up by using poblano instaed.

Attachments

• pepper_costarica_bags_500_400.jpg
    pepper_costarica_bags_500_400.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 63
I love the taste of jalapenos , but when ever i have grown them they have no heat at all , but the ones you get on subway have some nice heat , i just need to find some with heat to them.

Maybe you should try a hotter cultivar such as the Biker Billy Jalapeno. I have not tried them but other people have said they were hotter than a Cayenne.

Back