• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IGG (Passow) Grow Log Part 3 04-09-2008 - The Full Set Up

Well, the full set up is now in action growing both my mom's and my plants for this season. Here's the updated plant list and pics!

My Plants:
Havana Tobacco
Goji Berries
Desmanthus illinoensis
Super Sweet 100 Tomato
Onion
Appearently I've got some Black Peppercorn As Well
Bhut Jolokia
Piquin
Top Secret Grow Project
Fatalii
"Monster" Asain Birdseye

Mom's Plants:
Lisianthus
Aster Sea Star
Lambs Ear
Basil
Pansy
Dahlia
Snap Dragon
Celosia
Chives
Cilantro
Pole Beans
Sage
Zucchini
Cucumber

Here's the set up in my room (I'll get night time pics up soon)
tray15xu7.jpg

Here's mom's trays (which I'm taking care of, naturally)
tray16tu2.jpg

Here's mine under the lights:
tray17dl3.jpg

And here's mine again with the hood off:
tray18bv5.jpg

I say appearently black peppercorn on my list because of an unexpected turn of events. I pulled out a bunch of whole peppercorn pods from a grinder at a resturaunt and soaked them overnight in Superthrive and planted them. I then read up on it and discovered that they generally won't sprout. So I planted onion seeds in the same tray. Now all of a sudden I have these little guys poping up where the peppercorn is and they look like pepper seeds. Now I know I didn't plant peppers there so these muct be the peppercorn....how unexpected!

Wow that Tobacco is taking off-- I didnt realize they grew so fast -- -and to think that CT has some of the best tobacco in the world (cigar wrapper) I have seen fields and fields of them but not seen them grow

Nice setup! It's obvious that you are facing the same obstacle as I do: a lack of space!

Good luck with your plants and I'll keep in mind that onion seeds fertilize peppercorn!

Keep us posted!

LUCKYDOG said:
Wow that Tobacco is taking off-- I didnt realize they grew so fast -- -and to think that CT has some of the best tobacco in the world (cigar wrapper) I have seen fields and fields of them but not seen them grow

Ya, they are going to get even bigger even faster now that they have a few true leaves. In about 10 months I'll be smoking some nicely cured Tobacco! Mmmm mmm good!

I'm glad that you got your setup to work and that you didn't need a ballast or anything...Cool....:) Also, you've got some nice looking plants and I can sympathize with ya about the space problems.

Looking good. :-)

Wow, are those going to be outside when they get bigger? If not..you'll have a jungle in there before long. :)

QuadShotz said:
Looking good. :-)

Wow, are those going to be outside when they get bigger? If not..you'll have a jungle in there before long. :)
Yep, I'm planting out the last week of May. But soon it will look like a jungle in my room. I'm running out of space and planting up's going to be a struggle for spots.

bentalphanerd said:
woohoo Look at those "monsters" go! :cool:
hehehehe, they are taking off. I might plant them up today....actually, I'm going to plant them up. I have to plant a few new seeds today and don't have room. Off to the big grow light with those 'monsters'!

Here's the "spaceships" (as my dad calls them) at night...groovy looking.
tray20xp6.jpg

My mom's got allergies out the wazzo and I may have to move the project upstairs intot he atteck...addet....uhhh...3rd floor if the sorce of her head aches is in fact the open dirt in my room....more on that tomarrow, will have to talk with her.

lookin good IGG

hope she's not allergic to it...

Jesus, two days later and some of the seeds were hatching. Today about two trays worth of seeds are all going "eep epp eep eep" (that's the sounds that flower seedlings make)

rainbowberry said:
I'm growing a few bell peppers for my Mum, I haven't got a clue how to grow them, I'm just treating them the same as chillis.
That's how you should grow them. they're standard Annuums.

hehe eep eep eep eep. hatching seedlings always gets me giddy. glad to hear it IGG!! i started some tomaters for my mom since i aperently have some sorta tallent for planting seeds and having them come up. :O. or my dad drenches the f*** out of the seeds. whichever way you wana look at it.

rainbowberry said:
I'm growing a few bell peppers for my Mum, I haven't got a clue how to grow them, I'm just treating them the same as chillis.

I always have problems growing bell peppers and they are so cheap that I don't bother anymore except for some baby bells. I always seem to get bugs just before the pods ripen, as they become their sweetest and they're never very productive.:(

Maybe that's why my Dad failed to grow any (not the best grower, kind of put seed in soil, ignore and have results), I'll try anyway and let you know how they do.

Back