• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IGG (Passow) Grow Log Part 3 04-09-2008 - The Full Set Up

POTAWIE said:
I always have problems growing bell peppers and they are so cheap that I don't bother anymore except for some baby bells. I always seem to get bugs just before the pods ripen, as they become their sweetest and they're never very productive.:(
I've seen them grown in mass quantities. they're not supposed to be productive. only a few pods at a time.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Ya, I'm not only planting the seeds for mom but teaching her better gardening tricks. (last year she sprickled about 15 lettuce seeds in one hole and didn't thin. She was wondering why the plants never got bigger than two inches....sigh...)

Omri said:
I've seen them grown in mass quantities. they're not supposed to be productive. only a few pods at a time.
Ya, Dave and I grew some Bells out first year and second year. Only got one or two peppers. Totally not worth the time.

i grow all mums flowers for her, i'll be starting them in a week or two. she hates my shelves and lights, calling it an eyesore, but she loves not dropping ~100 bucks on annuals every year like she used to. as soon as i leave she won't do it herself tho, no time or patience for seeds.

one complication has arisen that I didn’t even think of. A problem that’s 12 pounds, walks on all fours, and has a pension for hiding in what he thinks are “caves”.
plants3pl2.jpg

Tanner loves things that resemble caves. We find him under the table, under the couch, between the bed sheets, he just loves dark places. Yesterday I found his step brother, Taylor, sitting right next to the large light unit and I ask him, “Where’s Taylor?”. He looks at me funny as if to say, “Stupid human. Don’t you know I can’t vocalize the answer to your question? If I could, I would have told you to clean all that dirt underwear in your closet. I mean, really, how long have they been in there?”

I looked around and on a hunch I removed the cardboard panel that is attached to the mylar in front of the large light rig. There he was, hiding in an area that was dark, warm, and crowded. How cute…but potentially hazardous for my babies.

imaguitargod said:
one complication has arisen that I didn’t even think of. A problem that’s 12 pounds, walks on all fours, and has a pension for hiding in what he thinks are “caves”.
plants3pl2.jpg

Tanner loves things that resemble caves. We find him under the table, under the couch, between the bed sheets, he just loves dark places. Yesterday I found his step brother, Taylor, sitting right next to the large light unit and I ask him, “Where’s Taylor?”. He looks at me funny as if to say, “Stupid human. Don’t you know I can’t vocalize the answer to your question? If I could, I would have told you to clean all that dirt underwear in your closet. I mean, really, how long have they been in there?”

I looked around and on a hunch I removed the cardboard panel that is attached to the mylar in front of the large light rig. There he was, hiding in an area that was dark, warm, and crowded. How cute…but potentially hazardous for my babies.

In a place far far away I seek the shelter shelter of darkness and warmth mmmmmm this looks and feels like the right place :P

Well, you know how in the other thread Pam talked about taking over the kitchen with plants...well....mom and I have:
kitchen1of2.jpg

kitchen2is8.jpg

Unfortunitly they are under 15 watt, "Cool White" bulbs..... It's hard to find the large end, 18 inch bulbs around here....

Looking good IGG...I especially like the cave you've got for Tanner. :)
Your plants are also looking great, I need to get mine outside since it is a good day.

Pepperfreak said:
Your plants are also looking great, I need to get mine outside since it is a good day.
I put mine out today for the first time. Left em out there for over two hours and no signs of being scared of the experience. I'll put them out again tomarrow for longer.

I've got too many to cart in & out of the house, especially up & down stairs.
I've got a nice spot where they can sit to harden off in the shade.

But since we've got what appears to be a small cold front heading our way, it looks like it'll be at least another 2 weeks before they go out.

Poisonette said:
I've got too many to cart in & out of the house, especially up & down stairs.
I've got a nice spot where they can sit to harden off in the shade.
I hear ya. It's hard on my knees trucking these suckers up and down the steps to go outside daily.

Well, It got to be a little over 81 degrees outside today. I pulled out the trays and posts at 1:30. Pulled on one tray that was showing signs of wilting at about 3:30. It's 5:34 and the rest of the trays are still out there loving the sun.

THIS MEANS WAR!

Well, I looked in on my babies lats night at 11:30 and there were these little bugs running around and jumping all over the trays. So I squashed as many of the insergents as I could and went to bed.

Ran out this morning and got myself some netural Garden Safe insecticide and sprayed the whole things. The next day or two will tell of the impact it had.

I knew I shouldn't have placed these guys in a different location outside yesturday!

Back