• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IGG (Passow) Grow Log Part 4 05-13-2008 - Getting Closer

Well, it's getting close to planting time and it's been over a month since Part 3 was posted. The plants are all hardened off. They've been staying outside from 10AM to 6 or 7PM. Then they go back under the lights until around 11PM when they go to bed.

Here's a long shot of 98% of the plants. The tray at the bottom contains three of Bent's "Monstar" Asain Birdseyes.
plantsyk2.jpg

Here's some of them in their large pots. The relly big pepper is The "Monster" Asain Birdseye (thanks Bent). The soil used in the pots is Foxfarm's Ocean Floor soil.
potsig8.jpg

Looking good IGG....I learned my lesson this year about hardening off plants...

POTAWIE said:
Looking good. Did the gojiberries germinate?

Yep, got them to germinate. I only planted a few seeds. I think I might just put both of them in seperate pots. Or one in a pot and the other in the ground. Can they survive freezing temps?

gojito9.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Plants look great, good luck with your plant out IGG. What are your hottest peppers you have?

Bhut Jolokia, Piquins, Fatalii, "Monster" Asain Birdseye, and a super secret pepper.

Iggy,

I have a mystery pepper I'm growing - really. I got a small package of seeds that said it was a mystery what was in them!

Mike

Be careful with that Ocean Forest, especially when the plants are so young. Thats pretty hot stuff, keep a close eye. I've seen many a large plant burned during its first week of ocean forest.

imaguitargod said:
Yep, got them to germinate. I only planted a few seeds. I think I might just put both of them in seperate pots. Or one in a pot and the other in the ground. Can they survive freezing temps?

I think I remember they(gojiberry) are good to -15C or so. I think it was grumpybear that tried to overwinter one outside.

Sorry to say my super secret seeds didn't germinate. I didn't really baby them or start enough like I should have. The corn and the tobacco are growing well though, thanks again:)

POTAWIE said:
I think I remember they(gojiberry) are good to -15 or so. I think it was grumpybear that tried to overwinter one outside.

Sorry to say my super secret seeds didn't germinate. I didn't really baby them or start enough like I should have. The corn and the tobacco are growing well though, thanks again:)
Bummer about the secret ones. You must post pics of the corn and tobacco!!

Omri said:
Looking good.
Say, where can I find those goji berries?
I got my seeds from Potawie. You should be able to find dried pods to eat from your local health food store.

IGfatali said:
Be careful with that Ocean Forest, especially when the plants are so young. Thats pretty hot stuff, keep a close eye. I've seen many a large plant burned during its first week of ocean forest.

Thanks for the warning. I'll keep a very close eye on them!

imaguitargod said:
I got my seeds from Potawie. You should be able to find dried pods to eat from your local health food store.
I actually checked, and nope. there's this one site, but it only sells large amounts.
Any seed suppliers?

IGG - keep us updated on Gojiberries...
You are using some pricey mix...I cannot touch those FoxFarm mixes.
Plants are looking good...I need to show my plants to ya all soon.. ;)

Sanj said:
IGG - keep us updated on Gojiberries...
You are using some pricey mix...I cannot touch those FoxFarm mixes.
Plants are looking good...I need to show my plants to ya all soon.. ;)
Yes please post pics!

Ya, FoxFarm is breakin my bank this year. The sad part is I have to pick up a second bag soon....ugh...

IGG, what has your weather been like lately? Ours took a turn for the worse the last 7 to 10 days I had my plants out a couple of weeks ago but have not even started to harden them off.:( We are not that far apart as the crow flies have you been having some hot days?

Dale

Back