• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IGG (Passow) Grow Log Part 4 05-13-2008 - Getting Closer

ARRRRRGGGHH!!!! SUN SCULD AND BAD WEATHER!!!!

The plants are suffering from major sun sculd, white leaves abound. Plus the weather has been rainy for the past three days so I have to reharden off the plants tomarrow.

On top of that they are not drying out and staying too moist as far as the soil goes and I think that's having an even worse effect on them.......

This new climate is frustrating to say the least.

Well, at least they're not calling for any more rain for at least the next 5 days and the nights are supposed to warm up, after tonight.

imaguitargod said:
ARRRRRGGGHH!!!! SUN SCULD AND BAD WEATHER!!!!

The plants are suffering from major sun sculd, white leaves abound. Plus the weather has been rainy for the past three days so I have to reharden off the plants tomarrow.

On top of that they are not drying out and staying too moist as far as the soil goes and I think that's having an even worse effect on them.......

This new climate is frustrating to say the least.

I swear mate, 2 long pieces of timber, 6 feet of cheap shade cloth and a borrowed staple gun.....perfect for midday sun and bad weather protection, and you can pack it away at other times until the plants harden.

Well, I've been keeping the plants in the shade for most of the day and they seems to be adjusting much better.

Did alot of work expanding the garden. Everythihng has officially been prepped. All I need to do is wait for a more accurate weather report for next week and then based on that, decide what day to plant outside!

Mr. Purple Penguin,
I am still incredibly ignorant when it comes to posting, so excuse me for not quoting you directly. As far as i know, there was no other fertilizers added, but someone could very well have dropped some in there without my knowledge ( what kind of malicious person would do that though?) People at my store cautioned me about the ocean forest, folks working in the hydroponic/ indoor gardening trade for years, no less. They all seemed to think it was far to hot, saying that it was responsible for the death of several trumpets and other plants. Perhaps said plants are just not quite as hearty...

imaguitargod said:
Well, I've been keeping the plants in the shade for most of the day and they seems to be adjusting much better.

Did alot of work expanding the garden. Everythihng has officially been prepped. All I need to do is wait for a more accurate weather report for next week and then based on that, decide what day to plant outside!

IGG, I am also waiting for a more accurate weather report for next week. I am hoping that next weekend will be good to plant out. BTW, I am amazed how much the plants are liking being outside.

IGfatali said:
Mr. Purple Penguin,
I am still incredibly ignorant when it comes to posting, so excuse me for not quoting you directly.
Look for the post you want to quote and click on the button marked "Quote" on the bottom right side of the pot. (wow, instead of post I typed out "pot", just shows where my minds at).

Pepperfreak said:
BTW, I am amazed how much the plants are liking being outside.
Ya, they sure like powerful, real sunlight.

imaguitargod said:

Pepperfreak said:
IGG, I am also waiting for a more accurate weather report for next week. I am hoping that next weekend will be good to plant out. BTW, I am amazed how much the plants are liking being outside.

You 2 are gonna be waiting FOREVER if you're expecting an accurate report! Remember we're in North East Ohio? The only accurate weather report you can get is to go outside & look. LOL! :P

Three days ago it was supposed to be dry until the 29th, now they're calling for rain on Monday & Tuesday.

Poisonette said:
You 2 are gonna be waiting FOREVER if you're expecting an accurate report! Remember we're in North East Ohio? The only accurate weather report you can get is to go outside & look. LOL! :P

Three days ago it was supposed to be dry until the 29th, now they're calling for rain on Monday & Tuesday.
Ya, you're right. I'll probably end up just planting a few stuff and doing that again on Wednesday.

imaguitargod said:
Look for the post you want to quote and click on the button marked "Quote" on the bottom right side of the pot. (wow, instead of post I typed out "pot", just shows where my minds at).

wow... thats quite simple. i am just not forum savvy, apparently.
ha, did you just miss the S, or was it your subconsciouses telling you its about that time?
no telling... however, you reminded me... its about that time. yeeehah

IGfatali;79280][QUOTE=imaguitargod said:

wow... thats quite simple. i am just not forum savvy, apparently.
ha, did you just miss the S, or was it your subconsciouses telling you its about that time?
no telling... however, you reminded me... its about that time. yeeehah

Nope, it was my subconcous saying it's time.

Back