• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IGG (Passow) Grow Log Part 4 05-13-2008 - Getting Closer

QuadShotz its a damn fine site isnt it orderd some Patchouli plants for my daughter they came bare-rooted but in perfect condition alll the way to the u.k ..guys if you get any monster african birdseye seeds spare later in the year ill put you on my xmas list..actually ive had so much help from so many dif folk from a number of dif countrys its made me like humanity a little more:)

I've bought lots from them but seeds are better than shipped plants IMO. My wasabi's finally died on me, unfortunately they don't thrive in the same conditions as peppers. I bought Ginkgo trees from them too and 2 out of 3 are doing great 1 year later. And talk about a herb selection. Make sure to get their free catalogue too, its a great read.

Not trying to stir up anything but in australia goji are one of those "big fad" fruits people are touting cancer cure etc.... one product has apparently been linked to a death in Queensland were I live(overdose apparently) ....tasty little fruit though
http://www.goldenglow.com.au/search.asp?s=goji&search_cat=
http://www.perfectoils.com.au/goji-berries.htm
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21919901-662,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,21951915-23272,00.html

Its a new fad here too and there's a lot of false information due to aggressive marketing but they are still super healthy as far as I know. It'll be intersting to see if the death is really caused by these berries

yeah I don't think the death could be proved to be related, it just amazes me the price they are getting for goji products, theres a wine called big red or something like that. The guys making a fortune.

IGG - those monsters are talkin the talk...I hope the can walk the walk at pod eating time. I've got a few more sprouted here....they don't seem to mind the cold too much either.

The parent plant only put those pods out on one branch one time...hope it works out for you.

:cheers:

thepodpiper said:
IGG, what has your weather been like lately? Ours took a turn for the worse the last 7 to 10 days I had my plants out a couple of weeks ago but have not even started to harden them off.:( We are not that far apart as the crow flies have you been having some hot days?

Dale
It's been rainy and a little cold for the past few days. But it's going to be warm for the rest of the week now. I've still been bringing the plants inside for the night just to be safe.

bentalphanerd said:
IGG - those monsters are talkin the talk...I hope the can walk the walk at pod eating time. I've got a few more sprouted here....they don't seem to mind the cold too much either.

The parent plant only put those pods out on one branch one time...hope it works out for you.

:cheers:

I'll get lots of pics of the pods when it starts producing and post em. That way we'll know for sure if it's producing larger than normal pods.

Horray for hard work...sigh

Just did about 4 hours of work in the garden. Added dolomitic lime, compost, manure, sand. Put in/ built the fencing for the beans, cucs, zucs, and tomatoes. Then added a nature slow release fertalizer. Still have more work to do but the dirt will be much better when I go to plant next week. Also, Rich said I could expand the garden in two areas...it's only 1 foot, but I'll use that space for the radishs!

Here's me working on replacing soil, you can see part of the new fencing up.
yard1yq8.jpg

Here's me really happy because I'm building something.
yard2rl0.jpg

Here's me really happy because I'm building something.
yard2rl0.jpg
[/quote]

I was thinking you were really happy because you burned something. :lol:

Iggy,

Aren't you cutting out morning/evening sun with the fence? The cukes and zukes love sunlight.

BTW, I know some barbers in the Cleveland if your are interested. A burr would do you good.

No, I will not gloat about the Redlegs using a broom on the Tribe this weekend.

Mike

thepodpiper said:
I was thinking you were really happy because you burned something. :lol:
Nope, just building...simialer, but different. I'll have to post a comparison pic sometime. I'll be burning tomarrow and the next day.

wordwiz said:
Aren't you cutting out morning/evening sun with the fence? The cukes and zukes love sunlight.
You deal with the land you are given. It's the only spot on the land that's getting the most sunlight. Sigh....

wordwiz said:
BTW, I know some barbers in the Cleveland if your are interested. A burr would do you good.
Oh god, barbers. Hell no! They'll murder hair like mine. I have extremely straight and thick hair. It shows every cut, barbers are out of the question...plus...I like long hair. I know it's not the "regular, normal, upstanding...insert mean spirited remark about mindless American populus here...." thing to do...but I don't fall into their grove and I like my hair ;)

You think it's long in the pic, you should see it down (it's in a pony tail in the pic).

wordwiz said:
No, I will not gloat about the Redlegs using a broom on the Tribe this weekend.
I'm a hippy, we generally don't watch sports, so gloat all you like ;)

IGfatali said:
Be careful with that Ocean Forest, especially when the plants are so young. Thats pretty hot stuff, keep a close eye. I've seen many a large plant burned during its first week of ocean forest.

I've never had a problem with ocean forest. i've put seedlings to large plants with fertilizer and they did not burn, i find it really hard to believe for an organic potting mix so mild burning anythin by itself. are you sure the person didn't dump a 15-10-10 fertilizer in there without you looking??

Loosing some plants now due to sun burn....grr...one of my Bhut's is going to bite the dust probably tomarrow and a few other too....luckally planted a bunch in case this would happen.

Is there a way to set up some sort of temp shade for them? Even if only for a few hours a day for now. Maybe a tarp, cardboard, or trash bag stapled to stakes?
Well, maybe not cardboard cause it's supposed to rain again tonight & tomorrow.
You sound creative, I'm sure you could find something.

Iggy,

Sun burn? Geez, at the bottom of this state we are lucky to see the sun these days.

FWIW, my hair length has only reached my shoulders once and that was 30 years ago. Keep in mind, though, my hair is naturally curly and I was one of the first Caucasians at Morehead State University to have an Afro.

At parties, this guy would blow shotguns into my hair and then for a few minutes, smoke would rise from my head!

Those were the days. Morehead was dry, so we bootlegged beer. Sold Little Kings for 25¢ a bottle and Tall Boy Schlitz for 35¢ each. We only sold about 40 cases a week, though one week (when the Reds beat Boston and won the World Serious) we went through 60 cases.

Between our beer sales and Food Stamps, we did pretty good. Oh, and yes, we did campaign heavily against Morehead going wet.

Mike

A former hippy

Poisonette said:
Is there a way to set up some sort of temp shade for them? Even if only for a few hours a day for now. Maybe a tarp, cardboard, or trash bag stapled to stakes?
Well, maybe not cardboard cause it's supposed to rain again tonight & tomorrow.
You sound creative, I'm sure you could find something.
Ya, I was thinking about something along those lines but for the most part, the damage is already done.

I just looked and the stem (all 1 inch of it) is still solid...I'll keep th eplant around and see if it pulls through.

wordwiz said:
Iggy,

Sun burn? Geez, at the bottom of this state we are lucky to see the sun these days.

FWIW, my hair length has only reached my shoulders once and that was 30 years ago. Keep in mind, though, my hair is naturally curly and I was one of the first Caucasians at Morehead State University to have an Afro.

At parties, this guy would blow shotguns into my hair and then for a few minutes, smoke would rise from my head!

Those were the days. Morehead was dry, so we bootlegged beer. Sold Little Kings for 25¢ a bottle and Tall Boy Schlitz for 35¢ each. We only sold about 40 cases a week, though one week (when the Reds beat Boston and won the World Serious) we went through 60 cases.

Between our beer sales and Food Stamps, we did pretty good. Oh, and yes, we did campaign heavily against Morehead going wet.

Mike

A former hippy
LOL, great story!

I guess I'm lucky that I don't have curly hair.

IGG - I got two long lengths of 2 x 4 & stapled some shade cloth to it. It just leans against the wall/fence, can be moved easily & rolls up when you dont need it.

Back