• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

illWill's First Indoor Grow

As a new member at THP, I feel like it is customary for me to showcase my grow :D (since I can't figure out how to post pictures on a new topic, to be continued in reply)
This is my first year growing peppers,  aside from a few jalapeno plants in the garden in years passed.  While visiting family in New Mexico,  I stopped at a chile addict store.  This purchase is what spawned my interest in chilies

c0gx.jpg

I already had a 600w HPS and a nice little 4 foot T5 fixture.  It was time to set up shop....

They started small, but.....

vuib.jpg

As the plants grew bigger.... so did my enthusiasm......

keng.jpg

zs6n.jpg

Currently,  I am harvesting some of my first pods off of the plants in the HID room and I am starting some other varieties under my fluoros!  

r30o.jpg

59sy.jpg

Thanks guys     :surprised:    

Scratchzilla:  I am very interested in putting a few hydro buckets in there just not sure on what nutrients I would need for a good feeding regiment or any of that.  I'm sure I will eventually step into unfamiliar territory though, once I find out a little more about it.  This site seems like a good place for just that!   

Garden update! First, the bad news. The brazilian starfish are exhibiting sone weird leaf curl. Is this mites??

7hay.jpg

My first "trinidad scorpion" from Sandia seed was a jamaican yellow squash. Looks like this one might grow true

lx3q.jpg

Other than the leaf curl the starfish are doing good.

t9fv.jpg

Ripe pods. :D

flkv.jpg

That looks like an awesome setup, I can't afford those nice big bright lights at the moment, so for the time being some 2 dollar E27 adapters and the CFL's I got laying around home will have to do. How big is your setup? What type of soil are you using; is it a home mix or is it a mixture if store available items.

Hopefully I don't get slayed by my parents for growing a plant home that big when the time comes lol.

The HID room is 3.5 x 3.5 x 7

The T5 room is 3 x 5 x 5

I am using a blend of half Happy Frog and half Ocean forest soil, with mycos and azos added

GARDEN UPDATE!   :)

As a few people suggested,  the weird leaf curling was indeed edema.  I have been methodologically letting my plants get reallyyyy dry,   to the point that they are really drooping pretty bad before watering and it has gotten much better.  And it doesn't seem to have had much effect on the plants!  

One of the plants I screwed up labeling, is putting out pods.  They are really limey green and seem to have small warts and spines already?  Bhut Jolokia maybe?  

qxq7.jpg

Scorpion is doing good despite the half gallon pot LOL.  The stems are super dark purple,  almost black
46sw.jpg

First pod on it:

cexj.jpg

The growth pattern on this Yellow Jamaican Squash is crazy!  Like a rainforest..... 

wl2o.jpg

Brazilian Starfish,  also in a half gallon pot,  producing like crazy

26tf.jpg

Prik Chi Faa

bjmj.jpg

Ok, ok,  non pepper stuff   :D   Our state fruit,  huckleberry 

4s26.jpg

Some ginger root from the store I planted

cakj.jpg

And,  the overwinters

vg7o.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for checking it out   :D

Thanks! :) that huckleberry was planted at about the same time as the peppers so its about 3 months old. But I almost killed it as a seedling, at one point I forgot to water it and it lost every leaf except one. It only started blooming about two weeks ago and if you look close, some of the berries are already turning colors. Its growing like mad now!
And I have red bhuts and chocolate but I know its not a chocolate cause I didn't forget to label those lol

i wana see what color they end up very odd that there lime green! are huckle berries good tasting? i wanted to grow blueberries but was discouraged at how long they take to start bearing fruits and i see that huckle berries grow pretty quick!

They should end up very close to the color of a blueberry, they are very closely related.

I have actually never had fresh huckleberries. We have all kinds of syrup, jam, ice cream, candy etc. that's huckleberry flavored but I think that you have to add a lot of sugar. I think that naturally they are supposed to be pretty tart. Everything huckleberry flavored tastes real close to blueberry!
Oh, I thought you meant it was odd the huckleberries are green, disregard my first statement. Lol. Yeah I thought it was weird they are lime green too!
But I have heard some bhuts are real limey, maybe somebody else knows more about it lol

Back