• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

illWill's First Indoor Grow

As a new member at THP, I feel like it is customary for me to showcase my grow :D (since I can't figure out how to post pictures on a new topic, to be continued in reply)
This is my first year growing peppers,  aside from a few jalapeno plants in the garden in years passed.  While visiting family in New Mexico,  I stopped at a chile addict store.  This purchase is what spawned my interest in chilies

c0gx.jpg

I already had a 600w HPS and a nice little 4 foot T5 fixture.  It was time to set up shop....

They started small, but.....

vuib.jpg

As the plants grew bigger.... so did my enthusiasm......

keng.jpg

zs6n.jpg

Currently,  I am harvesting some of my first pods off of the plants in the HID room and I am starting some other varieties under my fluoros!  

r30o.jpg

59sy.jpg

No problem! I am gonna germinate some blueberries soon as well (already have huge raspberry and blackberry bushes outside) so I'll keep you informed. Berries are so easy to grow, its awesome
Okay, update: apparently huckleberries are toxic when raw lol use at your own discretion

oooo exciting, I'm very keen to see where this goes. I just got my self an 18L food grade black bucket and gonna do a DWC when the cooler weather rolls around. Apart from the obvious stuff, what did you buy for your DWC setup?

The black bucket is a premade kit from the hydro shop. Black bucket, net pot lid, pump, tubing, hydroton, and airstone. It was $35.

For the white bucket I'm gonna use a 8 inch net pot lid, a 92 gph submersible pump, a 5-15 gallon air pump and a few cheap walmart air stones

Awesome just awesome
Can I ask what the delay on the black pepper addition does for the flavor really wondering need tips also thanks

thats awesome i have the exact same set up except i use 3 gallon buckets so i wont waste alot of nutes since they are pretty expensive but for some reason my plants never set fruit so i put them outside and they are thriving

$35 for all that? Wow everything down in Australia is so overpriced its ridiculous.

So with your white bucket, it sounds like its a dwc but you'll be also doing a top feeding system too?

The white bucket (which im painting black) will hopefully be more like a bubbleponics system when completed, while the black bucket is just a dwc. And I was actually surprised by the price myself. I have loads of buckets already and the net pots are dirt cheap so if these trial buckets work well for me I might change the hps box to hydro

TS Scorpion seedling throwing out a ton of blooms!
2hur.jpg

u0bg.jpg

Out of the dixie cup, bareroots
x3c0.jpg

Fresh new hydro homes
kxk1.jpg

"Experimental blend"  65% perlite and 35% coco
z44o.jpg

Back