• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies I'm a History Buff - I'm a Movie Buff - Equals?

Somehow I missed this thread to my dismay. My offering, one of the coolest I can recall. Not a spoken intelligible word, yet easily understood. Was "pre-history " but relatively accurate in modern teachings....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA-abzp5_sg&list=PLNQR5jKs5ppTA6DWEKCOMpMMqE3sOalFj

I've learned to avoid any tv or movie that has the words "based on a true story" or "actual events" anywhere in the description, especially if I'm looking for any historical accuracy.

So far Tora Tora Tora is the only movie I watch.....

...and Ice Station Zebra...

stettoman said:
I've learned to avoid any tv or movie that has the words "based on a true story" or "actual events" anywhere in the description, especially if I'm looking for any historical accuracy.

So far Tora Tora Tora is the only movie I watch.....

...and Ice Station Zebra...

Ice Station Zebra.

A Rock Hudson flick.

Freddie Mercury approved!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
`
Revolutionary:

Great movie and to a considerable degree historically accurate. The primary character is of course Francis Marion known as "the Swamp Fox." After his namesake and family land holdings, here in South Carolina we have a national forest. It is saddled between Charleston and Berkeley county. His actual grave and marker lies in Berkeley county SC.

Sad note of current reality. His grave and marker thereto are often vandalized by those uninformed (can't say anything else, lest I get roasted by the PC crowd and my livelihood threatened ) who think he is a Confederate hero. You won't hear this in the news, but I assure you my words are accurate.

Idiocy....

Speaking of history, it was of great interest I watched/listened/read an icons song about it. I heard the song many times, recognized many of the references and watched the original video a few times but I recently stumbled over this historically correct version with pix of the actual people/person/place/event (The Zapruder film of Kennedy's assassination brought tears to my eyes. If only we could have lived what might have been!) that the original video never conveyed.

First you need to open the lyrics so you can connect the song to the version playing below....

Back