• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I'm all alone...

huntsman said:
You describe my situation perfectly!

Strangely enough, so many of my friends love spicy food that we simply must have a chillihead population just waiting to explode!

That's the great thing about this forum. You'll find people sending you Xmas cards with seeds inside, you'll learn about the honest online sellers etc. etc.. And the chiliheads will rule in no time!

patrick said:
Answered my own question huntsman. I did a quick UPS check on what it would cost to send you a 2lb package. $172.00 US. DAMN!

Yeah, the shipping is a killer. It's not going to be cheaper either, now that people are e-mailing all the time they have to make their money on the parcels instead of the letters.

Seriously, the prices for shipping are ridiculous. I used to drive a bus that also took cargo in the '90s. A 100 kg parcel cost almost twice as much to send than a 100 kg passenger. The parcel was always easier to handle than the passanger...

I long for the day when we can download chiles!

yea hunts man when s your birthday? i'm sure between us we could send you enough cards/seeds to feed all of south Africa in chillies!!!

MrArboc said:
Yeah, the shipping is a killer. It's not going to be cheaper either, now that people are e-mailing all the time they have to make their money on the parcels instead of the letters.

Seriously, the prices for shipping are ridiculous. I used to drive a bus that also took cargo in the '90s. A 100 kg parcel cost almost twice as much to send than a 100 kg passenger. The parcel was always easier to handle than the passanger...

I long for the day when we can download chiles!

so what you are looking for is a printer that soaks cap into the paper just like lsd is soaked onto paper creating 'tabs'

shit chilli tabs wouldn't they just be the best!!!!!!!!!!

what kind ya want? strawbs or purple ohms (coulple o fav o mine) dunno what the diff is stateside, some other mindbendenrs were pink floyd's (the wall) oh them daYS/nights/weeks/months were good!!!!!!!!!!!!

willard3 said:
And there is another problem with calling all chineses habaneros.....chile taxonomy already sucks, no reason to confuse it more.

also calling chile's - pepper's, when they're not pepper's!

Davetaylor said:
yea hunts man when s your birthday? i'm sure between us we could send you enough cards/seeds to feed all of south Africa in chillies!!!

I like where you're going with this, Dave! :onfire:

POTAWIE said:
Have you tried any of the Nando's peri-peri sauces or UKUVA?
Some feedback, Potawie:

Nandos Xtra hot is too mild , even for my wife, and she's more of a wuss than I am! :lol:

I seriously expected more from the sauce, but it has far less bite than you get when you buy a chicken burger from them, for example...

Davetaylor said:
what kind ya want? strawbs or purple ohms (coulple o fav o mine) dunno what the diff is stateside, some other mindbendenrs were pink floyd's (the wall) oh them daYS/nights/weeks/months were good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any kind will do.

Hey Mike!

Yeah, I have found them but I didn't see any sauces...

They have a selection of chillis available, but nothing I can't get elsewhere and I'm at least one harvest away from making my own sauces, I'm afraid - even with this forum's help!

Thanks, though! :)

Honestly, it sounds like you are in my hometown. We BARELY have any sauces at all. I'm going to stalk up when I go to San Diego for Comicon. My g/f found a place that sells all kinds of crazy sauces just down the street from where we'll be staying.

Indeed - looks like this whole sauce finding thing will be a little more work than I imagined...

More reason to grow a crop and make our own, eh Blister??

huntsman said:
Indeed - looks like this whole sauce finding thing will be a little more work than I imagined...

More reason to grow a crop and make our own, eh Blister??

That's the plan! I've got a few plants on the grow right now. I've also managed to pick up some Dorset Naga seeds from one of the aussi members on this board. They've sprouted and are doing pretty good so far. I doubt they'll produce anything this year due to the short growing season in my region, but there's always next year. This year I'll have to make due with my warm and normal hot varieties.

Back