• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm cutting the cord from Att & Directtv!

For a new, better, faster and reliable one. LUS Fiber which was one of the first in the country to offer fiber to the city has expanded to my area. 

I'm Freaking Stoked!!!!

It cost a whole $14 more a month to replace just the Directtv. I used the neighbors internet since it wasn't worth paying for the crappy ATT service with a snails pace of .9mbps. Now I'll return the favor and not blink an eye.

Check out this speed, downloads take just a few seconds now. I'm paying for 300 up and down but the bonus is nice.
100_5066.JPG

Right on.  No cable where I live.  Shackled to the satellite.  Maybe we'll get it in my lifetime.  

I get 122meg up and 122meg down. I pay for the ATT&T 100meg service. Not long ago they laid new fiber lines outside down the main street. Im less than 50ft from the main line.

This is using the ATT speed test so its slightly faster than speakeasy.

• Download Speed 124.7 Mbps (15587.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
  • Upload Speed 124.2 Mbps (15525 KB/sec transfer rate)
  • Latency 4 ms

Get dvd-r's, flash drives, a desktop/laptop and a TV with an HDMI port. Torrent all your movies and shows and stock up massively so you can cancel the net and just watch/play/hear all you've accumulated.

Back