• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm doomed

So I heard spoilers of the end of the new Harry Potter book and posted it as a note on my IM at work. I saw Malloy had the book and told him to read my note. His response was that if that was the end of the book he will seriously make my life at work living hell....considering he's at least 200lbs heavy than I am...I'm gunna be road pizza....

Luckally I can run much faster than him.

And yes...I am a jackass for ruining the book..... :hell:

All i can say is if this window licker waited outside a bookstore all freakin night friday to get his copy, then more power to ya for ruining it for him.

OK OK, I get it. Adults do read HP. I will not poke fun. Is it really that good? What other books have you read? Is it as good as Tolkien?(I would be skeptical still if you say yes, but I would be promted to pick one up)
Is it really an adult reading level?:hell:

Oh, good, that makes me feel much better about you. We were at a birthday party for our 3 year old last Saturday and every single other adult there (10 or so) had all read all 6(or however many there are) of the HP books. (Yes, I am past the magic quarter century mark you are clinging to, but not by much) I asked if they were reading them to their kids. One guy, who I respect by the way, said that he had tried, but that he read them for himself. I was blown away. No wonder it is the most successful "kids book" ever if all these 30 year old yuppies are reading it!

Back