I'm drunk so how bout a beer snob thread

cheezydemon said:
I don't think anyone said he was crazy. It was sad. If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't have boycotted the thread.

Cheezy, I don't really understand the boycott. It was a thread talking about drinking and it still is. Every thread goes off course, but this one has survived for a long time basically staying on topic. He was a cool kid and I was really sorry for what happened to him.

Alright, before the wheels fall clean off this thread.....

Budweiser, Miller & Coors can all eat a dick!

Alright, back to the beer snobbery!

btw, tonight i had no beers, so whisky sours have to do

JayT said:
That is in my top two favorite beers.(along with Samichlaus) I absolutely love it! Can you translate the Erste Kulmbacher Aktienbrauerei to English for me?

Kulmbach is a town in Bavaria. It is an old traditional brewing town. There have been dozens of formerly famous breweries in ancient times. Nowadays there are only a few left. The company name could be translated as "Kulmbach's First Joint Stock Brewery".

Oaked Arrogant Bastard is some awesome brew! Original Arrogant Bastard is good, but the oaked version has an added dimension....glad you enjoyed it!

So I went halves on another mixed sixer, this time I got Malheur 12°, Stone Ruination IPA & Dogfish Head Midas Touch.

Only one new to me was the Malheur 12°, I got this one just cause it sounded interesting and you can't go wrong with a 12% ABV am I right? Plus, I love Dubbels & Tripels so why the hell not a Quadrupel?
Turns out it was a hell of a good call. Sweet in the traditional belgain style but not cloying, nice and spicy belgians always remind me of a badass hefeweizen. Suprisingly easy drinking for a 12% ABV, which is well disguised by the sweetness. Overall a good ass beer. This one gets a solid A.

6354.jpg

/img is hotlinked (had to get creative lol, beeradvocate doesn't make it easy to link to pics)
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/669/6354

I did a bad thing last night... but to understand why, I need to start at tuesday, by the way I walked everywhere...
Tuesday: Halloween Party #1 - Surf Bum (bad choice since it was snowing out) I drank Jager and Moxie all night, until i ran out, managed to get a UFO off someone, and had to quit at 11:00 because I had to get up the next day
Wednesday: HP #2 - Hunter (can't wear the same costume to a different party) UFO most of the night, then dipped into my odd notion, gave up about 1am, did not have to get up thursday, but woke up pretty haggered
Thursday: HP #3 - Hunter (i was already wearing my boots and feeling pretty lazy and ive got to wash the cammo anyways) supposed to be my day of rest, but a hot girl asked me to another halloween party, im running low on beer & energy at this point but sure whatever, finish off my Odd Notion playing kings, crap im out of beer, notice most everyone at the table is out of beer, so someone brings us "beer"; aparently they were running low too because this is what shows up 24oz can of bud, 12oz bottle of bud, 12oz bottle of BL lime and 2 Bacardi Mojitos in 12oz bottles; I wasnt fast enough to grab the least crappy of the drinks and wound up drinking a "Mojito", it was a sad sad moment in my life. The moral of the story, sometimes, when you're at your third party in three days, its ok to not drink chick beer; please learn from my mistake....

Sid03SVT said:
...drinking a "Mojito", it was a sad sad moment in my life. The moral of the story, sometimes, when you're at your third party in three days, its ok to not drink chick beer; please learn from my mistake....

It's cool man, you get like 10 punches on your beer snob card before we revoke it so you got like 9 left. :)

Back