• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I'm impressed with the Hippyseed company!

In another thread I mentioned some seeds I got in the mail. Aaron TT sent me some special pepper seeds that he wanted me to grow out for him. He sent them last April (2014) and they showed up at my door a couple of weeks ago. Aaron only lives an hour away over in Orlando, and I'm in Lakeland. Anyway, these seeds originally came from the Hippyseed company. They were packed well in little bubble wrap squares, and the seeds looked good still. Who knows where this envelope had been. People worry so much about the proper long term storage of seeds, so how were these stored? Not too good! They were packets of 10 seeds, but the actual number was 12 in each pack. I started them right after Aaron contacted me, but I have to look back, but I only think it was 2 weeks ago, 3 at the most. I already have 7 of one kind and 6 of the other type that have already germinated. So that is already 50%+ and they are still coming up! I'd add a picture, but I'm not going to go all through imputing it into a picture site and all that, maybe after I think everything has come up or something.
Anyway, I'm impressed! I bought seeds from Pepper Joe 3 times and got from 10% up to a whopping 25% from his batches of seeds, and those were bought and planted at once. It just goes to show you what quality material can do, and what bad quality doesn't do. I have never purchased from Hippyseed, and probably won't, just because they are in Australia and to be legal, those seeds need to come in with a phyto and their import/export number (if they even have one) Regardless of what I just wrote, anyone who wants to get seeds from them, they will probably get some quality seeds, if this is any indication of what they send out. BTW, when I do need seeds, I usually get them from Judy at Pepperlover, and every single batch have germinated from 60%-95%. Tom

I bought 10 pimenta de neyde from them in december. Even from Australia I remember them arriving timely. They sent 12 seeds. Out of 12 I had ZERO germinate. I emailed them. The guy that emailed me back was very polite and apoligized. Offered to send me new seeds on his dime. I declined because I didn't want them to have to pay for international shipping on something that may have been my fault. They seem like good people.

They look to have good pheno's of peppers and although I haven't bought from them yet I intend to do so soon, I tried to win some Chuck Norris Moruga seeds a few weeks ago of them and unfortunately didn't win so intend on buying some.. They also have some nice THS exclusives

My main supplier is Judy as well but Hippy Seed do have some great stuff. The Chuck Norris moruga I've got to try if even just for the name. I'm always afraid to order from overseas vendors because I'll probably be the one person out of however many that will have their seeds confiscated. I really wanted to grow Katie this year since I'm growing Lucy but couldn't find any US vendors with it. Anyway I'll probably break down and order from them this fall. Neil is an awesome guy. I learned so much from his videos about super hots back when I started growing them. He was the first chile reviewer I ever watched and still do today. Great to hear that they've got good quality seeds.

Scorched said:
My main supplier is Judy as well but Hippy Seed do have some great stuff. The Chuck Norris moruga I've got to try if even just for the name. I'm always afraid to order from overseas vendors because I'll probably be the one person out of however many that will have their seeds confiscated. I really wanted to grow Katie this year since I'm growing Lucy but couldn't find any US vendors with it. Anyway I'll probably break down and order from them this fall. Neil is an awesome guy. I learned so much from his videos about super hots back when I started growing them. He was the first chile reviewer I ever watched and still do today. Great to hear that they've got good quality seeds.
I'm in the process of taking inventory, but I've got Lucy going somewhere here. More than happy to iso you some seed.

Wicked Mike said:
I'm in the process of taking inventory, but I've got Lucy going somewhere here. More than happy to iso you some seed.

Really appreciate the offer Mike but it's the Katie I need. I've got 4 Lucy's going strong. Strange that the Katie seems harder to find considering they're the same cross just switched. I'll probably just take the chance and order from THSC soon. They've got Katie and I want to try the Norris Moruga as well as a couple other things. Thanks again though

Me too!  They post their orders out super fast, great communication and genuinely nice people.  I ordered the last of my seeds for next season, including Aji amarillo, which arrived today.  They sent me through a slice of fresh dried aji amarillo chilli - like fruit leather dry as a tester.  Awesome!! It had an extra couple of seeds still attached, and man those things are delicious. I would describe them as chilli apricots.  Got some funky one's too, including purple ufo's and whippet tails.  

Back