• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm now 100% convinced humanity is going to die a detah caused by stupidity

It's a different generation wordwiz, big time. I'm probably in the same neighborhood age wise as you and can dig what you're saying. I played ball, rode my bike everywhere, walked places, worked as a teenager and got up early on Saturdays to watch a couple of hours of cartoons before hitting the door. No internet, video games to steal our time or attention. Had one or two fat kids in the entire neighborhood and that was it.

I always wonder what I would have done if the web and video games were around in my youth. Kind of glad I missed that stuff.

LUCKYDOG said:
Except mindless part ... says ye of 14k posts

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-021.gif

you just can't wash stupid off.....

I hear ya for the most part. But I got on Facebook the end of last year and am glad I did. I got back in touch with tons of people from past school/jobs/etc. that I probably never would have ever talked to otherwise, nor would I even have known how to get in touch with them.

Thanatopsis said:
I hear ya for the most part. But I got on Facebook the end of last year and am glad I did. I got back in touch with tons of people from past school/jobs/etc. that I probably never would have ever talked to otherwise, nor would I even have known how to get in touch with them.

Don't get me wrong, facebook is sorta fine (hell, I did the same thing that you did but with myspace). But when you are so stuuuuuppppid to think the only thing good about the net is facebook.....you got some problems.

Back