• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I'm out of control and need HELP!

Novacastrian said:
Bhut and Dorset are different PF, i told you that before! Now hang your head in shame! :lol:

I know this Nova, and I remember you setting me straight, this thread was started back in October. :lol:

Well, I just ordered some more seeds and this time I found a new supplier that looks real promising, top notch in fact, Here's a link Seed Savers Exchange

I also ended up adding 2 sweet peppers: Buran and Sweet Chocolate along with some herbs: Genovese Basil, Rosemary and Cilantro. They also had the Tobago Seasoning Pepper that I was looking for.

I am really getting excited and can't wait to start all of these seeds.

Seed Saver's is a great place. That's where I get my garlic from as well as the ground cherries and a few other treats. They sell a lot of heirlooms of all kinds of veggies grown on their farm and shared by their members. Much rather do business with them then say Burpee.

jacob

PF, I can relate to your problem. I have over 300 kinds of peppers too. Not to be compared to cmpman,smokemaster, AJ and many others. Pots has to be the method for this year. I need to grow many of these to replenish my seed after losing so many last year. I only have one assam seed left, you know I'm going to baby that one.

Tobago seasoning?
If you go to Neil's site and click on seeds then Caribbeans, they're at the bottom of the page.

Pepperfreak I have to agree with POTAWIE about the Tobago seasoning plants not kicking out the same taste/ perfume and heat levels. I got two plants from Cross Country last year. The plants looked the same and the pods pretty much the same . One was hot as heck , one was mild. But neither had the flavor I wanted . I was hoping for something that tasted like a Scotch Bonnet without heat. I found Trinidad Perfume and Grenada Seasoning to be closer to what I wanted. Myself I won't grow Tobago seasoning again.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

I did go a head and ordered a seed pack from Seed Saver's, only because everything I have read about the Tobago Seasoning, really made it look like something I want to try in a powder form along with other spices. I am primarily growing it for powders and will probably only be tasting a fresh pod so I know what they taste like, but I'm not expecting them to be a salad pepper.

I found the Tobago sweet scotch bonnet was a fairly good tasting sweet chinense but my all time favorite is the Murupi doce which just tastes like candy to me.

Ciao PepperFreak-

Genovese is arguably the best for pesto, sort of the gold standard in Italian gardens. There's also Napolitano which is used primarily fresh for Insalata Caprese and in Minestrone. Both are very large-leafed with the nod to Napolitano as a bit larger, some leaves are as large as my hand.

I haven't tasted it except in dishes, but Duane could not say enough good things about Hot Paper Lantern last year. I hope you like that one. It's hugely prolific, too.

Back