• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Imitation Chicken eggs!!!!

i was shocked to read the papers today that people are selling imitation chicken eggs as real eggs. these eggs are sold at the same price as normal chicken eggs.
20090424fakeegg03-thumb.jpg

Although the faked eggs looked practically the same as real ones, the consumer smelled chemicals when cooking the eggs. The egg yolk dispersed quickly when it was mixed with the egg white, and the colour was pale. No flavour could be tasted after cooking. According to the officials of the National Bureau of Industry and Commerce, the faked eggs were made from chemicals. :eek:
Fake egg’s shell is made of calcium carbonate. Egg yolk and egg white are made of sodium alginate, alum, gelatin, eatable calcium chloride and then add water and food coloring. First pour a set amount of sodium alginate into warm water and mix it into egg white like shape, then mix it with gelatin together with benzoic acid, alum and other chemicals to make the egg white. Egg yolk is just adding lemon yellow food coloring. Together with calcium chloride to form egg mixture into the mold to produce the egg membrane. Egg shell is made of paraffin wax, gypsum powder, calcium carbonate and other materials. :eek:

its crazy that even this they are able to imitate!. what other fake goods are coming out of china?
what do you think ?

:shocked:

If someone wants to make fake eggs and sell them as imitation eggs, fine, but to deliberately market them as real eggs.... that is appalling!

:shocked:

If someone wants to make fake eggs and sell them as imitation eggs, fine, but to deliberately market them as real eggs.... that is appalling!
i mean they are making eggs that when broken its loks like a real egg , when boil its look the sama also and fried also its looks the same as the real egg!!!
its not like some rubber egg thingy!!

"The production of raw materials

Mainly are sodium alginate aqueous solution of calcium chloride and other chemical materials

Let’s calculate: 1kg of real egg worth about 6.5 Yuan. 1kg of sodium alginate only cost about 42 Yuan can make 150kg of fake eggs, plus other costs, 1kg of fake egg only cost about 0.55 Yuan to make."

this is what the imitation egg maker says....!!!! where do they get the ideas to make this!

the cost is cheaper to make them. i guess

I find it hard to believe that anyone would really go to all that just to be able to sell eggs for less. I did forward to Snopes to see if they'll look at it. Still if it is real I have to wonder what the nutritional value would be. If someone on a limited budget was buying eggs and a cheap source of protein and started buying these eggs, well it doesn’t sound like there’s any in them at all or anything of any nutritional value for that matter.

With all the other CRAP that is coming out of China these days, this wouldn't surprise me if it were true. My wife and I are on a consumer alert email server for childrens' toys and other goods that possess harmful material (lead being the biggest one). It seems like there for a while we were getting a new alert everyday from products coming from China. There were folks out there that said, well it is the U.S.'s fault for importing them. I beg to differ when it is a well known fact lead is a hazardous material and China still uses it in toys, clothing, etc.

Ok, my rant is over now...

I'd rather see them make fake gasoline.

I think they did and called it Gasahol. Big failure, and correct me if I'm wrong, where it was supposed to give better mileage and would up giving worse. Yet they're still pushing it only this time I believe it's in the name of less harmful on the environment.

Had one. Cadbury. Delicious.

I think they did and called it Gasahol. Big failure, and correct me if I'm wrong, where it was supposed to give better mileage and would up giving worse. Yet they're still pushing it only this time I believe it's in the name of less harmful on the environment.
gasohol was only like 10% ethanol. now they are pushing E85 which is 85%. i cant comment on gasohol other than i remember learning about it in elementary school...

gasohol was only like 10% ethanol. now they are pushing E85 which is 85%. i cant comment on gasohol other than i remember learning about it in elementary school...
That ethanol crap? We have that over here! Tried it a few times when it first came out and not only did it give poor mileage but it made my car run like utter crap!

I always laugh when people tell me they use it because it's cheaper. As far as I am concerned, or at least as it was in my case, you end up paying far more on fuel over time due to the simple fact that you chew through it twice as fast! :crazy:

I find it hard to believe that anyone would really go to all that just to be able to sell eggs for less. I did forward to Snopes to see if they'll look at it. Still if it is real I have to wonder what the nutritional value would be. If someone on a limited budget was buying eggs and a cheap source of protein and started buying these eggs, well it doesn’t sound like there’s any in them at all or anything of any nutritional value for that matter.
there is no nutritional value on the egg. but there are some chemicals harmful to humans. the alum used can cause dementia.!!

The link between alum/aluminum/aluminium and dementia/Alzheimer's has never been proven. While ingestion of huge amounts of the chemical is dangerous, that applies to almost anything.

http://alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=99

Back