• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

In our garden, whats in your garden?

We have a tiny back yard but we make use of the space ok, each season we have a few things we keep growing and sime things get placed into a rotation of sorts. One of the things we grow every year is the Black Cobra aka Goat Weed. This particular is almost 3 years old, its the only one of our pepper plants that has lasted more than 1 season.

This is one of our Chili Pequin, its another variety of chili we enjoy growing every season, tiny, powerful, flavorful, just a fun plant to grow.

This dang hornworm ate a little bit of the plant overnight, lucky for us we found it first thing in the morning.

We also grew 2 superchili plants this season, we've grown these before but its been about 10 years, we forgot how prolific they are.

We have 4 Serrano plants this season, we grew these a few seasons ago and decided to grow them again this season. I know they are traditionally harvested when green but I enjoy them when red. I cant find them anywhere locally red, but every market and grocery store has liads if green serrano, so if we desire green, we hit the market.

Heres a few Sweet Onions with some Chili de Arbol in the background. Its our 1st season growing both.

We always grow tomato as well. Its a base for a lit if sauce we make, we pick and eat right off the plant as well.

Theres more we grow but I dont wanna gobble up too much bandwidth at the moment.
I look forward to seeing what ya'll are growing!

Great looking plants and pods! And to hell with those tomato hornworms, probably pulled close to 50 of various sizes off of my 5 tomato plants this year. Luckily only had 1 on my chiles all summer and I found him before he had done any damage to the reaper. The birds loved the ones without the parasitic wasp eggs, the ones with eggs I moved far away and let nature take its course. Unfortunately can't post picks of my plants or pods cause this old laptop has seen better days and I don't own a smartphone. Growing reapers, red jays ghost, red moruga, red butch t, red brain strain, douglah, and BBG7. Around 30 plants or so plus 5 different heirloom tomatoes. Hopefully I can get a better laptop before next growing season since I'd love to start a glog and am planning around 100 plants next year. Between Judy and all the other great vendors as well as the great people here I just keep finding new varieties and crosses I want to grow and the list just keeps getting bigger. Luckily I have all the room I could need to grow

Thanks Scorched!
100 plants, sounds like heaven!
We grew 2-4 plants of each of our varieties this season. Theres a couple on the chopping block for next season which will either allow us to grow more of each or some new things we havent tried yet.
I look forward to your Glog once ya get it goin.

Heres a Ghost :)

Back