• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Infinity

Looks like you've gotten off to a great start this season!! Nice album of pics! Hope the storms last night left you unscathed..

Nice. I have had some Infinitys that were just brutal. One pod or two pods in particular that was about as hot as any Moruga or Brain Strain that I have had. The MB and BS still topped the list though. Good luck.

It was definitely crazy hot. I only ate a sliver but I burned for 45 minutes. I don't think it was as explosive as the BS either. I have a yellow BS ready to be picked tomorrow, so that is next on the list.

Nice looking pod! First year growing them myself, and mine are just now starting to pod up. You got me fired up with all the oil in there! I ate a whole one from Dave (gnslngr) last year and it was the worst throat burn I've had. I ate a couple brains, barrackpores, bhuts and scorpions...the barrackpore and brain seemed maybe a tad hotter, but with more of an all over burn. Good luck with that brain tomorrow!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looking forward to all those pods you send me to take pictures of this year. hint...hint... :dance:
Yep, I have been meaning to get back to you about that. I have another favor to ask also, I will shoot you a PM in a few.

theghostpepperstore said:
Tornado touched down about 2 miles from the house. We didn't lose a single plant but we do have a nice pile of tree limbs.
Glad to hear you managed to avoid being one of the unlucky ones from that crazy storm too. The one that hit St. Charles touched down about a mile from my condo.

The red infinity looks like it would really hurt , No munching on any whole pepper for me this year, as next week I go into the hospital, but will be healed up enough by fall to try some of what I grew this year in small amounts just to get a idea what their flavor is like.
This season I 'm growing the Red infinity monster, red Brain Strain, red Moruga Blend, red Barrackpore, Primo, Peach and Chocolate Bhut, Super Scorp, and some others
I'd like to try some of the yellow varieties at some point along with the Carolina Reaper and Douglah and Buch T.  along with some crosses. 
We had Some flooding from the storms and I still have a good 4 inches of water trapped in the garden by the raised beds, so we're good for rain for awhile. Hopefully the next batch of storms won't be to bad as I'm sick of this crazy weather.

growing them again this year and yes there at the top part of the list when it comes to mean
we should also remember that it did for a short time occupied the place of the hottest pepper in the world

one thing can be said for them they have fabulous flavor

oh also very prolific

make great sauce

hey that's 3 things LOL!!

thanks your friend Joe

So far my plants haven't been noticeably prolific, but they were definitely early podders. 

I wasn't a huge fan of the taste, but then again I am partial to yellow superhots and their flavors. At least it wasn't Butch T battery acid taste. Tasted much like the red 7 Pots I have had.

Back