• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Information on CGN 25166

This is from semillas. Was enough for me to decide to grow a plant this year, but I've never had one before.

Very hot Capsicum chinense variety from Brazil with interesting pod shape. Very prolific plants have dark branches and leaves. Pods are first black and then turn to orange, when fully ripe. High yields of very aromatic peppers!

Very cool plant.

gallery_2730_27_194574.jpg

gallery_2730_27_63602.jpg

Unique taste. Smokey and kinda tastes like orange peel. Sharp and stingy burn.

Well, that's what I got from it anyway......

I've grown it to a couple of years ago, very hot but beautiful indeed! Couldn't get an good taste back then since my tolerance was very low. Got my seeds from Semillas. The CGN classification system for chile varieties indicates an accession from the genebank at Wageningen, The Netherlands. Since then I've been trying to grow and find as many as I could of the CGN.

IMAG0699_.jpg

IMAG1998.jpg

If you got the seeds from me, the reason you cannot find info is I miss typed the name. Should be CGN 21566. Everyones replies here give you good information about the pepper though. I did get original from SLP. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for all the info and replys. Jcw10tc yes I Got the seeds from you, and no worries its all good. Happy growings everyone!!!

Back