• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Inside a Butch T

The pod was very oily inside and once cut open the smell was very strong. I did try a quarter of it and it did taste good,very fruity but the heat soon took over and it was mental.

Sept2011146.jpg

Sept2011149.jpg

Sept2011148.jpg

Well I got the seeds from THSC in December 2010. I have sent numerous pics to Neil as they have developed and he says they are just like his. There are many different shaped ones on my plants, this one is one of the smaller ones that ripened first. What else can I say. I am pleased with them anyway.

Doesn't look or sound like my ButchT's.

Harder to see the orangish oil in the orange pod. I definitely see the shine, however. Still makes my mouth water. Ooh, look it's time for lunch. :woohoo:

The summer here in the UK has been very cloudy with very low numbers of actual sunny days. Plus temps have been lower than usual. I have a thermometer in my greenhouse and one night in August is was only 9.9c!!! Could this be a factor of thicker walls on pods??
That's good.
I can't really say mine are fruity and they have thinner walls.

well the butch scorpion is a mutant, selectively bred chili that adapted to the louisiana climate and soil conditions.
Almost every aspect of every living thing is the result of a mutation, that's how things role. selectively bred? that's what everybody's doing when selecting only the good looking pods for seeds. adapted? yeah sure, cause it's been growing there since 5,000BC. :lol:

When i sold some seeds to a commercial grower i went through the pods and got the ones with the best looking stems, then i went through those ones and selected the ones with the shape most resembling Butch Taylors face. After the seeds were removed i went through them and got the ones that only weighed more than .01 of a gram, out of those i applied a blowtorch to the ones that didn't blow off the bench with wind at a force 2 joules from three feet away. The ones that got burned i discarded, the ones that survived i placed into a film canister and wrapped them up with cotton wool then packing tape and attached a GPS tracking device and attached them to a pigeon, the GPS device was set to cut the cord holding them to the pigeon at an altitude of 3427 feet and only if they were directly above the arctic.

The ones that made their own way home were sold and should yeild super uber awetisimo pods of extreme heat.

True story.

When i sold some seeds to a commercial grower i went through the pods and got the ones with the best looking stems, then i went through those ones and selected the ones with the shape most resembling Butch Taylors face. After the seeds were removed i went through them and got the ones that only weighed more than .01 of a gram, out of those i applied a blowtorch to the ones that didn't blow off the bench with wind at a force 2 joules from three feet away. The ones that got burned i discarded, the ones that survived i placed into a film canister and wrapped them up with cotton wool then packing tape and attached a GPS tracking device and attached them to a pigeon, the GPS device was set to cut the cord holding them to the pigeon at an altitude of 3427 feet and only if they were directly above the arctic.

The ones that made their own way home were sold and should yeild super uber awetisimo pods of extreme heat.

True story.

Nova you had me until you wrote "cotton wool". Come on man. I mean come on. Seriously man come on. Cotton wool? Come on.

I have grown one T.S. Butch T so far, it's in my driveway right now, so I don't have anything to compare the OP's to. Is it possible for a pepper to grow a thicker skin in cool conditions? It makes sense, any living thing will do what it can to survive and protect it's kids (seeds) correct? Can a pepper grow a thicker skin in one season?

I can't see why not and would agree with your way of thinking.
All my Scorpion pods have had rather thin flesh though no matter if they are producing in the heat or the cold.

I have some much bigger pods than the one in the pics, it was the first one I picked. I will cut one open to have a look at the flesh.

well the butch scorpion is a mutant, selectively bred chili that adapted to the louisiana climate and soil conditions.

Butch originally distributed seeds after only a year(or 2) of growing them. I don't think it had enough time to be selectively bred or to really adapt to any specific climate or conditions.

I checked out your pics mate and they look the same as yours, lots of different shapes!!
Butch originally distributed seeds after only a year(or 2) of growing them. I don't think it had enough time to be selectively bred or to really adapt to any specific climate or conditions.

Thats the thing about the Scorpion-BT, the pods are consistantly inconsistant in shape and often don't have a tail/stinger but they should have thin walls

awesome thanks for contributing to global warming! now the polar ice caps will melt further.....

True story.

Back