seed-train International Seed Train

The permit (I'm in the process of applying for one) is for the import of seeds to America. Its free, though a bit of a hassle.

Exporting seeds doesn't require anything (in terms of my country any way).

I liked Dennis's idea of running a THP seed bank - Dennis you would want to sort the seeds by variety and by donor... If you get reports back of user XYZ's Trinidad scorpions growing out to be Orange Habs (more than just once, because ets face it, accidents happen...) then said persons T.Scorp seeds should get flushed. This would help keep the banks integrity up... Or we could simply treat all seeds as suspicious until someone who is a part of the bank has grown it out and confirmed that it is what it is. I'm not saying to knock people for accidental hybrids, just intentional subversion of bank integrity.

The seed bank idea is a good one, but someone have to put the foundation around it, like where the seed should go (the person who take care all the seed), how the seed should be distributed, does it have to be in one country, does it need membership, etc. if the foundation is good i believe the seed bank should be a blast for everyone.

Okey can somebody tell me the waiting time for the next train?

Hahaha sorry. Everyday, when I come back from work and open my door's house and don't see any brown enveloppe, my heart is diying a little more!

so... seed bank anyone???ken.. i was implying more of a SEED JET.. everyone sends a good amt of seeds.. depending on the passengerss.. sends it to one person. that person splits it evenly so each passenger gets each variety.. then sends it out to everyone..... pending people have sent some form of payment to send it out...

just saying...

I'd be honored to do it. I will say that due to weddings, birthdays and anniversaries, I can't assure any free time between about mid-September and mid-October. But if we let the seeds roll in with an October 31 cutoff date, then I can start to send them back out in November. Should be great little end of year/Christmas/holiday presents.

If others are okay with me proctoring this, then I can start another thread.

Back