• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

International Space Station(ISS)

just an FYI for those that are space cowboys, the ISS has live video/audio streaming via several cameras that change at certain times so you get different views with 1 view inside the ISS where you can listen to communication between onboard crew members and ground crew.

i was 7 years old when my dad woke me up at 2am to watch the Eagle land on the moon on an old grainy black and white tv with bunny ears.

here is a link to the live stream(if your screen is blue, it means the space station is not in contact with the earth), good viewing:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream

Burning Colon said:

i was 7 years old when my dad woke me up at 2am to watch the Eagle land on the moon on an old grainy black and white tv with bunny ears.

Your dad sounds like a pretty cool guy. That's totally something my dad would've done. He was always keeping my brother and me up for meteor showers and waking us up for particularly good shows of the northern lights.

hey Dash, i do the same for my girls. every morning when i wake them up i say: welcome to Moonday, named after the moon and give them moon stats. welcome to Mars Day(tuesday) and give them stats, welcome to Mercury day, welcome to Jupiter day and there are lots of sats on that one, welcome to venus day, welcome to...... i give it a break on Saturday and Sunday as now they are getting older and i just let them sleep in.

many evenings i take them outside and point out Jupiter and Mars and in the early mornings when i walk them to school i point out venus.

of course, every morning waking my girls is a pleasure, right down to making their breakfast and lunches for school, then preparing their supper. and of course, if they are falling behind in school they get a good old fashion school lesson - just like the olden days........i have been a stay at home dad for 5+ years and with a computer science degree i have to vent!

god bless your dad. being a dad, i can tell you that what he imposed on you was for both his glory and yours;his way to say look outside the BOX and grow. everyday i see things that are destine to suppress my girls thinking and keep them focused on the latest Jason Beaver song or Sadie Perry or Milley Virus.... i may have gotten a few names wrong but you get the message.

hope you are enjoying the space station views.

Back