Introducing the NEW Ghost Pepper Store website - Feedback needed!

After what seems like an eternity of waiting, we have finally launched our new e-commerce website! We have made our best effort to make our site easier to navigate, more pleasing to the eyes, and more informative. As we are still learning our new web management suite, there may still be a few kinks to work out. We are looking for any constructive feedback to help us make our site as user friendly as possible.

We are also looking for some beta testers for our new site. From now until tomorrow, you can save 30% on any order of our dried pods, powders, or seeds by entering the coupon code "betatest" Also, check out our newest product, the Triple Threat powder, a custom blend of super hots that gives an all around burn and a wonderful taste.

Check our our new site at shop.ghostpepperstore.com

A thought ... folks that want to try some hot peppers(or for a gift), whether dry or fresh, may not know how hot hot can be. Would it be too must of a pain to put a generalized scoville rating with your products?
Also you may want to clarify whether your different sized products are sold by weight or volume. I know some of it sounds petty but if may save some time answering ppls emails should they have any questions. and I've learned from my own small store that ppl do not read the FAQ 99% of the time.
food for thought.
Otherwise the graphics load fast along with the pages themselves. You've kept the text amount down as not to distract them.

Looks great !

I looked at the site but was confused with the same pictures. On like the combinations page all the pics are the same but you have different names under the pics.
I clicked on the first pic and then got a description on that next page that said;
Combination includes: (1oz) Smoked Ghost Pepper Powder, (1oz) Dried Ghost Pepper Powder.

But the pic on the previous page showed 4 different combos all together. I would really suggest revising the pics for what each presentation that you are offering. Like for the first one noted above have a pic of a smoked powder and a dried powder.

That would be a lot cleaner and easier understanding.

Nice job though---it looks good and fine layout.
Luck to you

A thought ... folks that want to try some hot peppers(or for a gift), whether dry or fresh, may not know how hot hot can be. Would it be too must of a pain to put a generalized scoville rating with your products?
Also you may want to clarify whether your different sized products are sold by weight or volume. I know some of it sounds petty but if may save some time answering ppls emails should they have any questions. and I've learned from my own small store that ppl do not read the FAQ 99% of the time.
food for thought.
Otherwise the graphics load fast along with the pages themselves. You've kept the text amount down as not to distract them.

Looks great !

Honest feedback is never petty, I really appreciate your thoughts and I will take a look into ways to make some things clearer.

I looked at the site but was confused with the same pictures. On like the combinations page all the pics are the same but you have different names under the pics.
I clicked on the first pic and then got a description on that next page that said;
Combination includes: (1oz) Smoked Ghost Pepper Powder, (1oz) Dried Ghost Pepper Powder.

But the pic on the previous page showed 4 different combos all together. I would really suggest revising the pics for what each presentation that you are offering. Like for the first one noted above have a pic of a smoked powder and a dried powder.

That would be a lot cleaner and easier understanding.

Nice job though---it looks good and fine layout.
Luck to you

Yes, the combinations are a sticking point for me right now. I am working on some different pictures for those items because I realize it is confusing.

I decided on using the same pictures for different sizes of things like powder because taking pictures of the different sized bags just didn't translate well. Again, thanks for all the feedback.

Site looks good.

I would try to keep the colors consistent across the entire site. I find the red background on the main page with the red peepers to a bit too much red for me. I prefer the more subtle colors once in the store front. If your store allows it, you might want to have sizing options for the same products instead of separate items. So if you have the same powder as 4oz, or a pound it would be a drop down displaying price. Another thing I like is creating my own image for the default no image file. You could use your logo or another catchy file for this. Great work on the relaunch and continued success!

Yes, the main site is going to get a re-work as well. The new site is just a sub-domain since I did not want to lose out on all the SEO optimization I have done over the years. Since I used a template for the new site, the two sites do look vastly different. A webmasters work is never done :doh:

I decided to go with separate products for different sizes due to feedback about the old site. People were complaining that it was too difficult to figure out how to order different sizes... I mean really? Too difficult to figure out a drop down menu? Ok then, now a separate item.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Yes, the main site is going to get a re-work as well. The new site is just a sub-domain since I did not want to lose out on all the SEO optimization I have done over the years. Since I used a template for the new site, the two sites do look vastly different. A webmasters work is never done :doh:

I decided to go with separate products for different sizes due to feedback about the old site. People were complaining that it was too difficult to figure out how to order different sizes... I mean really? Too difficult to figure out a drop down menu? Ok then, now a separate item.

Thanks for your thoughts!
More than welcome, keep up the great work and being your own web admin is a job never done. I am in the same boat. From seed to finished product, work a full time job, raise kids and a web admin??? What gives. :)

Looks very good at a glance. I'll check it out more in-depth when I get home tonight.
:cheers:

As someone who just went through it, I know full well the amount of work - and you have a LOT more products - so lots and lots of work.

Nice job and congrats!

Looks very good at a glance. I'll check it out more in-depth when I get home tonight.
:cheers:

As someone who just went through it, I know full well the amount of work - and you have a LOT more products - so lots and lots of work.

Nice job and congrats!

Thanks, and also this is probably my third attempt at doing a redesign. I will say, when you have more products it is easier to just import the data in bulk. I find that I can do a lot of copy-pasta magic really fast to create/update things in a spreadsheet. It also defeats the waiting for pages to load/update in the backend system.

Back