• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Is It Dangerous To Eat Too Much Hot Sauce??

So I have a Youtube Channel GlazeBros where we do multiple segments. One segment we do is "Dares and Crazy Stunts." This Saturday (5/14) we are doing Dare #9: Hot Sauce Ladder. In this dare we are going to have ~7 different hot sauce brands starting with a low heat level - to and excessive heat level. We plan to take about a spoonfull of each type of sauce, leaving only a 1 min gab between each spoonfull. ....It is going to painful...

My question to you all is this:

- Is this dangerous?????
- What could happen with intaking this much hot sauce health wise?????
- Am I worrying about nothing????

One person who is doing this challenge with me brought these concerns to the table, so I thought it would be a good idea to address them.

Thanks for anyone who can help!!!!

I'll be sure to make a post with the video, showing the world our pain and stupidity :D

Yeah I'm aware of the after effect lol. Aside from the typical stomach ache, just wanting to know if there is any other risks/concerns.

I couldnt say for 100% sure. What I WILL say is that I dont recommend it. I have been down the VERY painful road, and will NEVER go back down it. Did it scare the ever-loving bejesus out of me? Yup.
I would try to call a doctor and find out. That's about my best suggestion really.

I couldnt say for 100% sure. What I WILL say is that I dont recommend it. I have been down the VERY painful road, and will NEVER go back down it. Did it scare the ever-loving bejesus out of me? Yup.
I would try to call a doctor and find out. That's about my best suggestion really.

I do remember a dvg thread where you posted about a most unpleasant experience for going over the line. That's all I needed to hear…no thanks!!

In my opinion, ever individuals body has its own tolerance. I know me personally, my guts don't handle the superhots very well. No pain or discomfort per se, but I better not be working in the woods the next day (if I am, I better have a healthy supply of paper on me). Some folks can handle the supers better than others.

If you want to give it a go, we will watch.
Remember that Neil calls himself a "Professional and Fully Qualified Idiot", but I love to watch his vids!!
Good luck and keep us posted.

In my opinion, ever individuals body has its own tolerance. I know me personally, my guts don't handle the superhots very well. No pain or discomfort per se, but I better not be working in the woods the next day (if I am, I better have a healthy supply of paper on me). Some folks can handle the supers better than others.

Hahaha, same here. However, that only seems to be the case if I eat a meal that's consistently hot (like a big jolokia curry!!). Stuff with hot sauce on it doesn't get me so bad!

Someone has mentioned here before that it's best to have eaten something prior to partaking in this kind of lunacy. (to avoid a nasty guy ache!) so maybe take that one on board.
:D

Listen to this man. If you dont you will wish you were dead.
Been there done it not nice and downright stupid.

If you are concerned about health effects, don't do it. That's my reasoning on things. If something seems to you to be so extreme as to warrant health concerns, that's your mind telling you not to do this thing. Now, can you be physically harmed? Who knows? We haven't heard what these sauces are. But what can happen is your subconcious retains this fear and when your body reacts to the extreme hot sauce, you go into full-on panic mode and end up going to the emergency room for a shot of thorazine to calm your panic attack.

Personally (and this is just me) I don't see the point to pushing the limit. I like Naga Jolokia, but I know my limitations with it. I enjoy the flavor, not doing the "Hey y'all, watch this!" gig.

What are the sauces ? Extracts sauces will give ya some nasty cramps and burn out the rubber doughnut nevermind tasting trully awful unless of course its Defcon 0 ;)

No one has brought up the fact if they have insurance, in case something doesn't go exactly according to plan. The victims may get violently sick if they aren't aware superhots exist, and have never been exposed to them. If you are doing superhots, I would also find out if the victims have any type of respiratory problems. Expect the unexpected when doing stuff like this.

Remember, weird sh*t can happen, expect it. Here's a for instance, perhaps a bit over the top, but the end result really sucked, from a 'obviously' safe contest. It is kinda freaky.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/14/national/main2358958.shtml

*UPDATE* - so we did it....it was bad, really bad. Matter of fact...it is still bad. The challenge went down Saturday Night...and it is Monday Morning and I am still paying for it. My cousin almost had to go to the hospital. I have never experienced worse pain in my entire life. I think I know how contractions feel for women giving birth. I totally regret doing this but hey now I have some interesting footage for a video. Once it is edited I'll link it over for you all. I should have listened to the warnings :(

Idiots, can't wait to see the vid though :rofl:

What sauces were involved in this ludacris digestive assault?

*UPDATE* - so we did it....it was bad, really bad. Matter of fact...it is still bad. The challenge went down Saturday Night...and it is Monday Morning and I am still paying for it. My cousin almost had to go to the hospital. I have never experienced worse pain in my entire life. I think I know how contractions feel for women giving birth. I totally regret doing this but hey now I have some interesting footage for a video. Once it is edited I'll link it over for you all. I should have listened to the warnings :(

What's done is done and all of you lived to tell the tale...

Good on y'all for providing a bit of entertainment for the rest of us, and you just gained some valuable first hand info about hot suaces...you really earned that knowledge! :rofl:

What were the line-up of sauces you guys used?

dvg

Back