• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

is it turning out to be a bad year already?

First time with super hots and its been a challenge on my patience. The chocolates and yellow trinidad are 0-9 collectively right now and I am chomping at the bit to see one up.

Just having trouble for the first time with the seed shells staying on and making it hard on some plants, especially the tobago.

First time with super hots and its been a challenge on my patience. The chocolates and yellow trinidad are 0-9 collectively right now and I am chomping at the bit to see one up.

Just having trouble for the first time with the seed shells staying on and making it hard on some plants, especially the tobago.

IM HAVING SOME OF THE SAME ISSUES and im not a newb anymore, however im starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, (its always good when its not the headlamp of an oncoming train LOL)
i have had many that where shell-bound, but i kept spraying them with water intil they popped off
also my cap 285 failed to germinate so i planted another called CORACOA DE GALINHA

there starting to come in like wildfire now!!

so i guess it was just an exercise in patience especially for me this year, im used to have better results and faster, i alway have until this year

but i know im not alone in this and its starting to look up

im going to have some opics posted on my grow log very soon keep looking for them thanks your friend Joe

I dont use any fancy methods i just put the seeds in the dirt and water them no fancy light fixtures or fancy heat mats or fertilizers i just do dirt and water and i usualy get 75% germination rates and most germinated in 10 days or less ( i set a record for myself this year with 36 hours having the seed germinate)

Got most of my seeds from tradewinds and my germ rate is very high. Kept them in 1" cell trays in a lowes mini greenhouse with a mini heater to keep it 80-90 f. Also have T8 grow lights about 2" above the seedlings. Bottom water when dry but don't letthem get watetlogged. Working well for me. Good luck!

My germination has been a little slow this year. I've been battling aphids inside (although the pyrethrins have pretty much wiped them, at least for now), and have been experienced a fairly high amount of SSDS (sudden seedling death syndrome) this year for some reason (I think it's the Jiffy potting mix, which I have a hell of time keeping moist, so I think the really small ones without much roots are drying out). A lot of the chinenses are now about 4-5 inches tall with a month and a half before plant out, and I have at least a couple of every variety I started though, so it should still be a pretty good year. And I have about 11 or 12 nice looking overwintered plants that should do very well.

I dont use any fancy methods i just put the seeds in the dirt and water them no fancy light fixtures or fancy heat mats or fertilizers i just do dirt and water and i usualy get 75% germination rates and most germinated in 10 days or less ( i set a record for myself this year with 36 hours having the seed germinate)

i do preaty much the same thing

thanks your friend joe

My germination has been a little slow this year. I've been battling aphids inside (although the pyrethrins have pretty much wiped them, at least for now), and have been experienced a fairly high amount of SSDS (sudden seedling death syndrome) this year for some reason (I think it's the Jiffy potting mix, which I have a hell of time keeping moist, so I think the really small ones without much roots are drying out). A lot of the chinenses are now about 4-5 inches tall with a month and a half before plant out, and I have at least a couple of every variety I started though, so it should still be a pretty good year. And I have about 11 or 12 nice looking overwintered plants that should do very well.
had two that died im sure that was the reason

thanks your friend Joe

Back