• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is my bhut jolokia big enough to top?

I would say it depends on how much time left you got for the season. If you top it you're setting your plant back and you would have to wait even LONGER before you get any pods.

If you don't have much time left for the season I'd leave it as it is. Someone here can probably have a different opinion, but that's what I think.

, Walter

Yes
Prehensile said:
why do you wanna do that?
More branches and nodes = more flowers and pods. Its pretty much a fact that if you top a plant it will grow back bushier which like I just mentioned = more pods

That's what I was thinking just wanted to check thanks for the input will update new pic soon. And I'm topping it for better harvest, better root systems and overall healthy plant

I personally believe in all natural, no topping, no cutting "suckers"

Topping will stunt things, sucker leaves also absorb sunlight and nutrients

pepperdan said:
I personally believe in all natural, no topping, no cutting "suckers"

Topping will stunt things, sucker leaves also absorb sunlight and nutrients

Ditto. But I guess if you're going to do it, do it BIG!

Well my friend has all huge plants and he told me to do it there for a really strong plant I have other bhuts so not worrying about harvest I have a big garage all my plants will go in for winter which I have a couple big grow Tents on the way. My goal is to get this one super big imma keep pruning the plant as it grows bigger and starts getting top heavy or growing over other growth.

Back