• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Is the HP22B the new hottest pepper in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries homie, it is just funny how the message that gets out is that the TSM is this 2mil SHU beast that sits atop the pepperdom kingdom because all these backyard growers can get these results, OH, and ALSO, the seeds are like a thousand (in Mr Burgundy voice) each.... :crazy:

If you wanna read the whole debate check the TSM threads a few pages down. I am just disappointed that this all comes from people trying to get rich. I like to grow peppers, and if I come across something special in the process, then you better believe that it will get sent to EVERYONE that wants it until I am OUT of seeds! But, hey, I got 4 TSM plants in the ground now....maybe I will get lucky and find something....

Back on the HP22B, I posted on the FB wall, sent messages, and tried to get an answer from Ed on the lineage of the pepper. I know from the photos, that it looks a hell of a lot like the Primo, but you can't judge a chili from a photo (back to the TSM/BS debate). I just wanted to know the history of it. No answer. I am kinda disappointed.

Ive asked before, and haven't gotten an answer. I'm dying to know how much an SHU test costs. It would be cool if somebody could invent a portable affordable tester that we could all have fun with. I'll grow superhots when I have the right envrionment. So far, I don't think I've grown anything more than 50,000 SHU, but I enjoy jumping the bandwagon. I bought Bhut seeds when they were the hottest, and I bought Butch T Scorp seeds when they were the hottest. Right now, it is fun to collect and trade. As I am not alone, there are unfortunately economic reasons for exaggerated SHU claims. I am NOT accusing anybody of fraud, but I unserstand why we all need to be weary of new claims.

... I'm dying to know how much an SHU test costs...

One of the attendees at the Albuquerque 2012 National fiery food show, out of Las Cruses NM, does HPLC testing mostly for sauces, but I asked how much they would charge for pods and he said $40 (this was off the top of his head, so price may very).

Back on the HP22B, I posted on the FB wall, sent messages, and tried to get an answer from Ed on the lineage of the pepper. I know from the photos, that it looks a hell of a lot like the Primo, but you can't judge a chili from a photo (back to the TSM/BS debate). I just wanted to know the history of it. No answer. I am kinda disappointed.

You can't blame him for that. I certainly wouldn't be advertising the lineage if I were in his shoes. I don't have any problem with ED, its Pepper Joe that made this into a circus act, while Ed asked him to keep things quiet

I am not faulting him for that, but I still expected to get a response, even if it was "I would rather wait until we have completed testing, stabilization, etc before we release that information", or something along those lines. He doesn't owe me anything, and doesnt even know me. Like I said, deflection would have been fine. I had and have no issues with Ed and what he does, and like you said it just got out of hand on the marketing side.

BTW, I didn't know that Ed asked Joe to keep things quiet.....

Also, still waiting on those 600 varieties.....

I am 99% sure that the HPZZZYTIGPIOJ{K<
whatever was said to be some kind of naga X bhut X in a video by ed....
There isn't any mystery as to what the cross is I don't think.
It's whether it's stable and if it is consistantly a super super hot.

People are getting tired of the naming of any pepper that looks or tests different being sold as something that cannot be re produced by seed ever again.Especially at the prices getting charged these days for powder,plants or seeds.

It's getting really out of hand.

Guys are selling seeds and pods they don't even have yet.(Can you say crop failure?Guy already has your $,you have an IOU...)

"For a Hamberger today I'll gladly pay you next tuesday" Wimpy on Popeye cartoons.

please! its ridiculous! once you get to bhut jolokia level heat, its ALL HOT AS HELL! ive personally eaten all of the top 10 hottest peppers in the world, they are ALL HOT AS HELL! some slightly more than others but once you crest 1 million scoville, its difficult to discern cpl hundred thousand here or there. what makes a pepper interesting to me is unique flavor. dont get me wrong, its gotta have insane heat, but subtle hints of fruit, cherry, pineapple etc, that, to me, is what makes a pepper desirable. just my 2 cents

i like to stick to natural, indigenous species...you guys can all have the bright new shiny's...trinidad scorpions, 7 pot originals, 7 pot douglahs, fataliis,.....they are all hot enough with interesting flavors....ill leave the race for the record to others....i make outstanding sauces, seasonings and pickled peppers with the core exotics and they will all light you up and taste great. the hp22b??? you can have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back