• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this a Bhut Jolokia???

I ordered, i hope, some bhut jolokia seeds last year. I started them in doors, then transplanted them outdoors months ago with the rest of my stuff in my garden. It took forever and a day to finally produce. I have only gotten a few ripe ones so far. Actually, they were not fully ripe. I just could not wait any longer and had to try one. They are insane hot, to me anyways. However, i look at other pics of bhuts, and these seem different. They are a light green color, then to a pink, then to i hope a red. They seem not to get very long. They seem smooth at first, then they get wrinkles. Just not 100% on what they are. i was hoping yall could help me out. This should be the last year this happens, since i am on here with yall. Got the real Hook-Ups :dance:

250m4ol.jpg

33a5cap.jpg

21jajag.jpg

34sqqza.jpg

thanks

Well the first pic looks nothing like a Bhut Jolokia, but the rest are Jolokia-ish... still doesn't look like the real deal, but quite close. the hab-shaped pods in the first picture makes me think the plant isn't stable much. if they are indeed from the same plant, it's probably a cross of some sort... and I don't usually use the "hybrid card".

that is what i thought. I thought it resembled one, but not pure breed. I was thinking it may be one in the same family, a close relative. The heat level is super hot. However, my heat level could be different from others that i see on here. Still, one of or the hottest i have ever tasted. This year i am buying all my seeds from friends i have met on here so this does not happen again. Th placed i ordered them from was called totally tomatoes. I found them on the net and they set me a catalog I ordered other seeds, they were correct. I know guys, totally tomatoes, should have known not to order peppers. It was before i found this site so now i know. Thanks yall

Back