• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Is this bad, orrr...? [Transplanted Seedling]

Just recently transplanted this 11 day old Aji Limon plant and about 5 minutes later the leaves started curling. Does it still have a chance, and is there anything I could do to help save it? or anything to do to prevent this in the future?

Aji Limon
5a131790.jpg

I know you just transplanted...which is probably why its so wet. You won't need to water it for a while. Looks like a Moisture Control??? Looks like the light is too hot or too close. What type of light are you using and how close is it to the plant? You can test heat by putting the back of your hand under the light about the same distance as the plant, if it feels hot the light is too close. Better to start with the lights a bit too high and them lower them a little at a time once the plants get accustomed to them. Good luck!

Shane

I know you just transplanted...which is probably why its so wet. You won't need to water it for a while. Looks like a Moisture Control??? Looks like the light is too hot or too close. What type of light are you using and how close is it to the plant? You can test heat by putting the back of your hand under the light about the same distance as the plant, if it feels hot the light is too close. Better to start with the lights a bit too high and them lower them a little at a time once the plants get accustomed to them. Good luck!

Shane

ooh yeaah, I think what probably happened is I used too much water, tha'd be my best guess, it's not the light, cuhz I just put it next to that light for the picture lol.
Do you think it'll still survive?

Don't tranplant so early next time. Wait until it has a few sets of true leaves.

yeaah I was gonna wait, but there were like 3 plants all in a 1 square inch radius, and I needed to separate before it was too late.

Still looks like light burn to me. They should survive...did you add nutes? If that is Miracle Grow Moisture Control soil? If so it is loaded with nutes, which the plants don't need quite yet. To make matters worse, adding water is what releases the nutes, so they might be burning from that to.

oh god...
8d1f56ff.jpg

Still looks like light burn to me. They should survive...did you add nutes? If that is Miracle Grow Moisture Control soil? If so it is loaded with nutes, which the plants don't need quite yet. To make matters worse, adding water is what releases the nutes, so they might be burning from that to.

hmmm no I don't think I have added any, maybe a tiny bit of fert, but it says guaranteed not to burn on it.

Don't tranplant so early next time. Wait until it has a few sets of true leaves.

I don't know about that, dude. I transplanted plenty of my seedlings when they were that size, and they were fine. Although, if Mike isn't using Jiffy Pellets, that may be my X-factor, since I did use them, so the roots stayed shielded inside that.

Michael, I would leave it be and just watch it carefully for a day or two. There is the chance based on the latest picture, that it may die. Just don't water it, and watch its progress. Did you just use soil, or Jiffy pellets to germinate?

Just leave him alone and maybe he'll stand back up...

alriight.

I don't know about that, dude. I transplanted plenty of my seedlings when they were that size, and they were fine. Although, if Mike isn't using Jiffy Pellets, that may be my X-factor, since I did use them, so the roots stayed shielded inside that.

Michael, I would leave it be and just watch it carefully for a day or two. There is the chance based on the latest picture, that it may die. Just don't water it, and watch its progress. Did you just use soil, or Jiffy pellets to germinate?

I used straight soil.

Good to see it standing straight up. Do yourself a favor and use the pre fertilized soil mix sparingly when transplanting plants so small.

Back