• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this Naga Plant a Goner???

Not sure if this is sunscald or something more insidious? Overall the plant does not look terribly unhealthy but for about three leaves with this condition...

Any thoughts?

NagaLeaf_Browning.jpg

NagaLeaf_Browning2.jpg

Naga_Leaves032309.jpg

I have the plant isolated as to hopefully not spread whatever it is...

FAR FROM A GONER!!!

I wish my plants looked that good.

The only way that plant woul dbe a goner is if that was a virus but it doesn't look like it.

Has the plant had a sudden drastic light change(more light)

Goner? It looks like the human equivalent of walking w a slight limp. You should see some of the small seedlings that I have that eventually pulled through. They looked like cancer in comparison. Nice looking plant you have there IMO.

Some of my plants get sun scald no matter how hard I try. It doesn't seem to hold them back for very long. Just a good sign that your plants are getting all the light they can handle.

Heya Petey,

The leaves looked a bit sun/light damaged but heck I agree with everyone else...it is far from terrible... it should bounce back good. Still looks really healthy to me.

You got some strong plants there bud!

PeteyPepper said:
I'm just worried that it might be a virus and kill all my peppers...maybe I'm just paranoid :lol:.

Better to be a little paranoid now rather than severely disappointed later.

Should be fine pete, alot of my palnts show the same....it will be cool im sure. Just keep an I on that one and others just in case.

I feel the paranoia. A few of my little guys showed a few brown spots after a foliar feed of epsom, and they're goin to work with me in the morning. (I work in a plant pathology lab for the local extension and research center.)

I'd have been scared if my plants looked like that too! How nice it is to have experienced eyes like those on this forum to turn to... :)

Back