• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

is this spider mites?

what kind of feed are you giving the plants?
not much just a liquid tomato fertilizer every now and then....

thanks too junglerain i'll check that site out... definatly doesnt look like the pic pam posted

ok ... ive come to the conclusion that the neem oil is doing as much damage to the chilli's as the mites are....
I have a raspberry bush, pepino plant and egg plant that have thrived pest free with the application of neem oil but my chilli's seem to suffer with use of this oil (leaves are still deformed ect)...

does anyone use neem oil with success on their chilli's and if so what mix do you use for pure neem oil

dallas said:
ok ... ive come to the conclusion that the neem oil is doing as much damage to the chilli's as the mites are....
I have a raspberry bush, pepino plant and egg plant that have thrived pest free with the application of neem oil but my chilli's seem to suffer with use of this oil (leaves are still deformed ect)...

does anyone use neem oil with success on their chilli's and if so what mix do you use for pure neem oil
I think it could be some nutrient problem then if the chilli plant is still suffering and the other plants are ok...maybe give it a good flushing with water (no nutrients)????

you might have a point junglerain...
I set up a bit of an experiment, 5 birdseyes in the area that suffered with mites, one as a control, one sprayed with neem, one sprayed with confidor (do u have that in the states?), one sprayed with pyrethrum and one sprayed with white oil. hopefully this will tell me if a) they suffer with neem and b)whats working against spider mites....
Neil from THSC suggests malathon is the trick so that might be the next step...

BTW... i have moved most of my plants to the concrete area around the pool and all are looking as healthy as can be but I have also layed off the ferts and decreased watering....

my orange hab now (in the foreground).... thought I would bite the bullet and start again!
IMG_3218.jpg

dallas said:
you might have a point junglerain...
I set up a bit of an experiment, 5 birdseyes in the area that suffered with mites, one as a control, one sprayed with neem, one sprayed with confidor (do u have that in the states?)QUOTE]

I'm from the lucky country just down from ya, Victoria....:cool:

Back