• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is your pepper a "she" or a "he"?

Personally, I just refer to them as my "babies". lol

Found out last night that my girlfriend has decided to name the Super Chile seedling I am growing with the name "Frank". She says by giving it a name for her to attach some feeling to that she'll be more likely to not neglect it once I hand over to her... Guess we shall see about that. lol

I only assign gender when I cross them, using terms like mother and father and making x plant female and y male.

SanPatricio said:
OK, I'll admit it.   :crazy: ... From the time of planting the seeds, they all become my 'children'.  Culling the weaker, extra seedlings always bis done with  reluctance.
Not being able to bring in more plants to overwinter, (particularly those that  produced so well) is a sad event. Just a sappy 'ol geezer.  :violin:

I feel bad culling the weak and extra ones, lol. You gotta do it though.

hermaphrodite, not just male or female but a plant that has both. Only plants that are one or the others do I think  as Boy or girls.   

I never gave it much thought, but I usually end up calling them a her or she just as I would call a ship a her or she. As for culling the week ones, if they don't look right when their little or start to crowd out the stronger ones, Out they go. Of course if I have a empty cup i might try to keep them.

"Girls.....Ladies.....Garden Flowers.....Hotties"....

Ya can even call them Belle's....if ya had them....BUT,......

If ya had one one of these hanging around ya might have to call Jane..............D * * K.............or

If ya have these ya might have to change the name from "The Bunco Club"...to the..."Poker Gang"......... :D

Back