vendor Isolated Seed sellers

Looking to do an acre of chile production for chefs and salsa makers here in the Pacific Northwest. I wanted to see who you would recommend for mostly isolated varieties with good reliability. Thank you for your time in advanced.

Attachments

• 9F6D3912-6BE7-4537-B186-CA84B1F92186.jpeg
    9F6D3912-6BE7-4537-B186-CA84B1F92186.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 146
If you're looking for more commercial varieties rather than superhots or specialty peppers, all the vegetable seed companies isolate their productions as well - Johnnys, Territorial, HMOS, Uprising, Adaptive, etc. Don't know if the specialty guys will have enough seed of any one variety to grow out an acre of it either.

If you're looking for more commercial varieties rather than superhots or specialty peppers, all the vegetable seed companies isolate their productions as well - Johnnys, Territorial, HMOS, Uprising, Adaptive, etc. Don't know if the specialty guys will have enough seed of any one variety to grow out an acre of it either.
I'm going to have to disagree with the 'all' part of that statement. I have had more hybrid and off seeds from commercial vendors than I have had from OP trades with people I don't even know.. With Burpee being the worst. I was under the impression MOST big commercial sources open pollinated their crops, just growing them in large fields.

Fair enough. I have had good results with seed from Johnny's, Territorial, and High Mowing, and have grown organic vegetable (non pepper) seed for Johnnys, HMOS, and Adaptive, and know that they are very strict on isolations for those crops, so assumed similar for their peppers. Haven't had any experience with Burpee, but good to know that it's not a great source.

Back