• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Isolating plant / branches to keep seed strain pure

Good luck on your grow...was going to write something negative just to counter your "don't think I've chatted with anyone who isn't supportive" comment, but had to erase it. Can't do it!
Anyhow, continued success on your grow my friend!
Shane

Good luck on your grow...was going to write something negative just to counter your "don't think I've chatted with anyone who isn't supportive" comment, but had to erase it. Can't do it!
Anyhow, continued success on your grow my friend!
Shane
Thanks Shane, I have read some threads that were not very flattering. Point vs. Counter-point. Being a newbie, I just read and do my best to keep my opinions to myself (that's tuff for someone like me...lol). Hope your growing season goes well also. Just seen 1st flower on any plants--it was the Scotch Bonnet...gets more exciting everyday!

I'd like to chime in on the original topic and say that just putting a little dab of glue on flowers that are about to open can also work (on a day without rain in the forecast, obviously). I had some wood glue lying around and gave it a shot the other day, worked like a charm. Just tap the branch to let the pollen distribute in the sealed flower.

Only caveat is that glue will probably cause more buds to drop. So, it's worth a shot if you don't have anything else.

Other than that, good luck on your grow.

Sometimes easier said than done, but I prefer to isolate whole plants when possible so I can choose best looking/healthiest pods for seed saving and not just random pods

Alright Mike! Good to see you posting and can't wait to see how this years grow unfolds for you.

By the way folks this guy makes some wicked jerky. :P

1st understand I don't have a camera or a smartphone. I had a friend with an I-phone snap a pic of my 1st mature pod and email it to me, then I used the photobucket thing to get it here. Pretty proud of it as it is 1 of 4 pods that have set on my 7 plants. A special shoutout to Patrick for fixing me up with the plant from which my pods are on.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/mrote01/1stpod.jpg

You would think I had my 1st kid....LOL

1st understand I don't have a camera or a smartphone. I had a friend with an I-phone snap a pic of my 1st mature pod and email it to me, then I used the photobucket thing to get it here. Pretty proud of it as it is 1 of 4 pods that have set on my 7 plants. A special shoutout to Patrick for fixing me up with the plant from which my pods are on.

1stpod.jpg

You would think I had my 1st kid....LOL

Looking good.

Hello everyone,

Had frost 3 days in a row. I covered plants for 2 days and on the third day I picked all the pods and discarded plants & soil. Sad thing was I only got 4 ripe pods for the whole season. The green pods however are still very warm to the taste though. Working already on game plan for 2013 season. Also will work on getting camera and skills so I can show pics (hopefully a great grow).

Thanks to everyone for your help!!!!! Also I know how to post in this particular forum now--as in Barley-pop57 growing glog instead of the heading it is under now....LOL. Good luck to everyone on their projects. GO 2013!!

Signing off for this forum until next year. Again thanks everyone.....Mike

Back