• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It's getting f**king cold!!!!

Don't know what's it like where you live, but over here, it's getting really cold during the night, so I decided to protect my plants from possible frost. It's too cold for the time of the year and most are still loaded with pods, so I refuse to move them indoors already.

I bought a load of so called Tomato ripening hoods and gave every plant its own little greenhouse. I need to buy more tomorrow, I ran out, but left the plants without one that can take some cold, i.e. Rocotos.

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02452.jpg

While I was at it, I harvested a few peppers, too.

DSC02457.jpg

It's too cold even for the slugs down here. I always spotted several of them in my garden, but since Monday or so I've hardly seen any and those I saw were hiding in their shells.

great shots Chiliac...and I love the face...please keep us posted on the ripening hoods...I am probably going to have to do something like that to a bunch of my plants...temps for the next 10 days here are running 80-87F (27-30C) in the day and 60-64F (14-16C) at night...it was 52F (11C)yesterday morning....

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are starting to cool down. But i can't help but feel a little flutter in my heart as that means it's chilli time for me....:onfire::hell:

Sorry, but it's hard to contain my excitement....

It's scary cause you guys are gettig colder than normal whether for this time of the year and we are getting hotter than normal whether for this time of the year. it is forecasted to hit 30 degrees C (86F) here on saturday but i'm not complaining...:)

I hope the cold holds off for you guys and i hope the bags work Chilliac

We're still in the 70's right now and I'm hoping the cold holds off until all my peppers can ripen... Still waiting on St Lucia and Grenada Seasoning peppers...

Good Luck!

skealo said:
We're still in the 70's right now and I'm hoping the cold holds off until all my peppers can ripen... Still waiting on St Lucia and Grenada Seasoning peppers...

Good Luck!

what's your night time lows Skealo?

Here where I live in Northeastern Ohio in Hinckley so far so good because all bunch C.Chinense & my C.Galapagoense still are green just few here & there showing sign of ripening color hope stay like this at least few more weeks, at least I have some ripe hotties than I will be very happy I hope.

Chiliac said:
Don't know what's it like where you live, but over here, it's getting really cold during the night, so I decided to protect my plants from possible frost. It's too cold for the time of the year and most are still loaded with pods, so I refuse to move them indoors already.

I bought a load of so called Tomato ripening hoods and gave every plant its own little greenhouse. I need to buy more tomorrow, I ran out, but left the plants without one that can take some cold, i.e. Rocotos.

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02452.jpg

While I was at it, I harvested a few peppers, too.

DSC02457.jpg
They kind of look like gift baskets now. Maybe you should send them out to everyone in this thread. We wont mind haha.
Like everyone said keep us updated. Any chance you can get and early morning temp inside those bags through a hole and give us the outside temp. Just curious.

Things aren't looking too bad here. I managed to get most of my productive plants into the greenhouses and some of the others got sheets put over them. At least 30 plants were tossed in the compost yesterday since they weren't going to produce anymore. Today its going up to 20C with a low of 10C tonight:cool:

Josh said:
Like everyone said keep us updated. Any chance you can get and early morning temp inside those bags through a hole and give us the outside temp. Just curious.

Good idea, I'll do it this weekend and post the results! ha, I should've thought of it myself. :)

Back