• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

It's like being in the stone-age

bentalphanerd said:
sounds very cool...may I have your computer scraps? I'm running a 2 x 2 GB matched pair of RAM to take up the slack, 300 GB Seagate SATA 2 doesn't hurt either, another 2.2 TB on a 400 Mbs LAN so I dont bog down my system...but yer, had this for nearly 2 years...time to upgrade again

who do you report for Omri? By the way love your artwork, you have a great talent there. I'll be getting some shirts but after xmas when the budget is more robust.
I don't really have scarps, maybe an old P4 or something, but I use most of my stuff.
All the rest of it is "limited edition", so I don't use it.

I don't report, but listing me as a reporter is the 'legal' way for friends of mine to give me free hardware. :lol:
Take Intel for example, their largest development center in the world (Where Centrino technology was developed, Core Duo CPUs too and so much more) is just a couple of kilometers away from me. :rolleyes:
I know some of the engineers working there.
Back in my OC days, I would have gotten CPUs in bulk, but now it's not worth the effort.
Geeks help other geeks out, but nothing is free.
They give me a free CPU, and later they want free RAM. :shocked:

My source of pride and joy is a one of a kind set of silver plated sticks of the legendary G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ memory using the myth-like Micron D9GMH chip.
That set has broken many records, and is able to produce an easy 1,400MHz frequency.
They're still in their original package.

I'm glad you liked my artwork, it means a lot. :)

I have never heard of the legendary silver plated memory & yet now I need to have them :shocked:
keeping it in original package...is that like having an un-opened action figure from Star Trek? That may be too nerdy for even me lol.

bentalphanerd said:
I have never heard of the legendary silver plated memory & yet now I need to have them :shocked:
keeping it in original package...is that like having an un-opened action figure from Star Trek? That may be too nerdy for even me lol.
The 'G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ' is the legendary one.
You can order a set right now if you want to, it doesn't cost a lot.
It's legendary because some batches used highly-bind D9GMH chips - best DDR2 chip ever.
It's also legendary because many OC records were broken using this set.
My set is a one of kind version of that memory, one with pure silver heatsinks.

I can take it out of the package, it's not that of a big deal.
Just said it's in a brand new condition.

Omri said:
The 'G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ' is the legendary one.
You can order a set right now if you want to, it doesn't cost a lot.
It's legendary because some batches used highly-bind D9GMH chips - best DDR2 chip ever.
It's also legendary because many OC records were broken using this set.
My set is a one of kind version of that memory, one with pure silver heatsinks.

I can take it out of the package, it's not that of a big deal.
Just said it's in a brand new condition.

I'm not much of an OC'er - recovery work is all about having the stability to notice when things are going wrong & determine why without too many variables clouding the symptoms.
All I know is when I can't play the latest FPS or Driving game online, it's time to up the system.

Pure Silver as in real Ag or alloy?

bentalphanerd said:
I'm not much of an OC'er - recovery work is all about having the stability to notice when things are going wrong & determine why without too many variables clouding the symptoms.
All I know is when I can't play the latest FPS or Driving game online, it's time to up the system.

Pure Silver as in real Ag or alloy?
Pure silver as in real silver (Ag). :rolleyes:

mmmmm pretty RAM :drooling:

Good to chat with you Omri - I must be off. Is 15 minutes past tomorrow here & some of us must get up in a few hours to do the same day again :rolleyes:

I bought 50 M of bubble wrap today, everyone who has been good can expect a little xmas pain from me ;)

Nah, I have a great connection (something like 56 MBps...pretty good =P), but I can't understand a few things they're saying.

While we're on the subject of computers and graphics, though...

My comp is a piece of crap. A SHINY piece of crap, but one nontheless. Sure, I have tons of programs, but space? Nada. Speed? Lol, it takes me 15 minutes to reboot. Graphics? Halo can run at full...not much after that, lol.

I'm not very good with the wires, chips, and whatnot, but I'm decent with software. Should I get my computer a new graphics card (after I save for a car of course), or just get a new one?

~Trexxen

Depends what you have there now to work with Trexxen

whats your cpu (GHz)? how much RAM? How much free space do you have?

Also a good idea to run some scans for adware & spyware maybe it'll help speed things up.
My "toolbox" page here >>LINK

hey bent, do you reckon you could build me a laptop? let's chat about it sometime...

btw you guys, stop whining about your internet speed will you, I'm getting by on 28.8 Kbps, stop making me feel inadequate

chilliman64 said:
hey bent, do you reckon you could build me a laptop? let's chat about it sometime...

lappies are hard to build - the parts aren't as adaptable from one model to the next as desktops are. email me with what it is you're looking for it to do & I'll help you pick one out.

chilliman64 said:
btw you guys, stop whining about your internet speed will you, I'm getting by on 28.8 Kbps, stop making me feel inadequate
28.8 ...dude, i can't be seen talking to you :shocked: :lol:

Free space...I reckon I have about 10 gigs left; just deleted a ton of crap that was clogging my system. I have a LOT of music =P

1.53 GHz, and 480 MB of RAM...

And as for those programs, I'll be downloading and running them soon...very soon. I need the speed =P

Thanks!

~Trexxen

Back