• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

It's that time ..... id please kind folks

Anyone got any clue?  60% of my peppers didn't get labeled for surprise factor, and here we are SURPRISE !  

Attachments

• 11327300_814818048612570_1697390717_n.jpg
    11327300_814818048612570_1697390717_n.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 69
afr0n0me said:
60% of my peppers didn't get labeled for surprise factor 

But if we tell you, won't that spoil the surprise?  :twisted:

After looking at your grow list, I'm gonna guess purple serrano. My purple serrano plant has green leaves and purplish stems just like your picture.

BlackFatalii said:

But if we tell you, won't that spoil the surprise?  :twisted:

After looking at your grow list, I'm gonna guess purple serrano. My purple serrano plant has green leaves and purplish stems just like your picture.

That list is old, from last year. No serranos were planted during the making of this surprise :D

BlackFatalii said:
Hmmm. Well then I agree with ajdrew. A current grow list would help  :) It looks like an annuum to me, maybe a jalapeno of some kind? Do you know what annuums you planted?
I just updated what to my recollection is what i started at one point or another.

Ok. I'm still thinking Jalapeno, but that  "Mulato Isleno" Poblano might be possible as well. I guess you can wait and see whether they mature red or black. Or you can try one and see if it tastes like green Jalapeno  :)  

Not the clearest pic I have ever seen. Could be a lot sharper. But do your plants have an aphid infestation? I see what appears to be a lot of sheds. And clusters on the flowers.

CAPCOM said:
Not the clearest pic I have ever seen. Could be a lot sharper. But do your plants have an aphid infestation? I see what appears to be a lot of sheds. And clusters on the flowers.

Yeah there's aphids on there, which i just killed for the 1000000 time this year. 

If there is a pool, looking at your grow list, that dent, and the number of folk in a forum that favors super hots, my dollar would be on a variety of poblano just starting off.  Also, figuring since I think you are in Canada and this is May gotta figure they were grown under lights so might be stunted.  My second guess, mainly due to that dent, is a devil's tongue.  Have seen them go from dent to kind of flat on one side, hence their name. 

But still pulling for poblano, mainly cause their pods can be all weird looking an dented.  Especially since you said not much heat.

Most likely the poblano, with slightly atypical pheno due to growing conditions or aphid damage early on. It is very "C. annum" and not nearly bumpy enough to be a Devil's Tongue. I've grown both the yellow and red DT's and they never start that green; more of a lime-green into whatever their final colour will be.

Back