• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Ivermectin

It may seem that way however you have to do what you have to do to protect those around you and when you have an immune compromised daughter you take precautions whether you want to. It's been decades since I've had the flu that being said I would not take it today as I did then when my daughter was battling cancer. I take a more natural proactive approach to my health nowadays. I will never get the flu because I ingest elderberry concentrate daily. And I'm not at all against pharmaceuticals. I'm against pharmaceutical companies making profit. That's a huge difference. I'm also not against taking a covid vaccine. Within a year or so. As stated I already follow safety protocols. I haven't been in a grocery store since March. My point is once time has passed and I know for certain that it is safe for me and my family. We will then get it.

One of the greatest misconceptions about vaccines is that they get you infected with what they protect you from. Lets learn some more great science news:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/flu/in-depth/flu-shots/art-20048000

Can the vaccine give me the flu or other respiratory diseases?

No. The flu vaccine can't give you the flu. It also does not increase your risk of COVID-19. But you might develop flu-like symptoms — despite getting a flu vaccine — for a variety of reasons, including:
  • Reaction to the vaccine. Some people experience muscle aches and a fever for a day or two after receiving a flu vaccine. This may be a side effect of your body's production of protective antibodies.
  • The two-week window. It takes about two weeks for the flu shot to take full effect. If you're exposed to the influenza virus shortly before or during that time period, you might catch the flu.
  • Mismatched flu viruses. In some years, the influenza viruses used for the vaccine don't match the viruses circulating during the flu season. If this occurs, your flu shot will be less effective, but may still offer some protection.
  • Other illnesses. Many other illnesses, such as the common cold, also produce flu-like symptoms. So you may think you have the flu when you actually don't.

I'm not arguing statistics. I make my decision based on my personal experience. Two shots taken. Confirmed flu (I was in the Navy) within weeks of each shot. This was 2000 and 2001. My now 22 year old daughter was battling leukemia and I took them at the oncologist request. Never took a flu shot again. Haven't had the flu since. Hence I'm not running to go get a (in my experience) useless shot every year. A truly effective vaccine should leave us immune within at least a few rounds. if you're okay with signing up with one shot a year for the rest of your life go ahead bud. That's not me. I will take the vaccines that leave you immune not just for the season but permanently. And forgive me if I don't want to jump on a bandwagon and I'd rather sit back be careful and wait to see how good it works before I get it. I'm cautious And I am not ignoring any of the science just trying to take it all in from every angle. I don't discredit anything without further investigating. I get why people take the flu shot I'm not confident that this guessing game of trying to figure out how it's going to mutate each year has been effective over the years. The vaccine for covid-19 is nothing like the vaccine for flu I fully understand this. I do not even look at them as the same. And if they are then I will be highly skeptical of a covid vaccine that has to be administered annually for the rest of my life.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

This is the FLCCC's website...
looks like Dr Kory's group is gaining some traction and they will be presenting their data to the NIH and the NIH has signaled their intention to update their guidance reflecting the newer data that has come in.

can confirm DrKory is not a "right winger" nor is he anti vaccine. His group is trying to find effective; low cost; safe medicines that may have properties useful in combating covid until the vaccines are widespread enough to have impact.

It's important research, there is still no definite evidence that any of the vaccines prevent infection just that they limit severe illness from it. The way this thing spreads from asymptomatic or very mildy symptomatic people , it is possible that people who are vaccinated could still spread it. Thus the guidelines that people who are vaccinated still need to follow safety protocols. Masks, distancing, handwashing , limited interactions etc.

I would wait for at least a second generation shots before considering taking it. Not enough information on messenger rna to be considered safe for use. For now, there is enough evidence  to argue the prophylactic approach of vit D with C and maybe zinc and quercetin would be the safest approach at this time. 

Zippy said:
I would wait for at least a second generation shots before considering taking it. Not enough information on messenger rna to be considered safe for use. For now, there is enough evidence  to argue the prophylactic approach of vit D with C and maybe zinc and quercetin would be the safest approach at this time. 
Oh yeah, I'm sure it's already turned millions of people world wide into flesh eating zombies by now.

Ya know, I am really getting tired of hearing this shit. My wife works in health care and has already had the vaccine. She's fine. I'm considered an essential agricultural worker and will get mine in the next phase of distribution. Just do your civic duty and get vaccinated before you're the asshole that hosts the mutation that fucks us all.

Back