• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Jalapeno/Anaheim sauce #1

100 grams Mucho Nacho and Chichimeca. (includes 2 green Fresno)
80 grams Big Jim Heritage (deseeded)....kinda surprised me...mine got some heat to them
100 grams of a very firm green tomato...the thing was almost hard.
Heaping tbs dehydrated onion flakes
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp culantro paste.
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Not quite enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil for a few minutes and reduce to a simmer for 45min.

Now what i doing differently this time is just using water and more salt than normal. Light vinegar and heavier lime juice will be added after its cooled, blended and strained. I used dried onion and garlic intentionally to cut back on water content. After its strained i will measure whats left and add the vinegar/lime juice accordingly based on the remaining liquid.

I think this is gunna be killer on some white beans and atm its pretty damn hot for a jala based sauce.

This turned out to be a huge hit with my dad and my brother. Best green jala sauce ive ever tasted actually. Finished off with 3tbs of fresh lime juice, heaping 1/4 tsp ascorbic acid and 3 tbs of raw unfiltered cider vinegar. Total amount was just under 2 cups after straining. There was maybe 2 tbs of crap in the strainer when done.

It probably still has a little air whipped into it from the Nutribullet.
KmR684d.jpg

43zkyIe.jpg

This really looks good!   I may have to cook up a sauce based on your ingredients.

Back