Jam/Preserve making question

just Like-bombed Musky's jelly window.  Gorgeous!

Re- pepper jellies- I agree with Boss, and I do not care for fruit jams/jellys with green jalapenos. I dunno, maybe it's just me.  I just don't think green jalapenos taste right with a sweet ripe fruit.  RED jalapenos...now that's a different story....

does anyone know of a savory green jalapeno jam/jelly?  Just wondering if such a thing exists, or what it would be used for.

edit- Musky, back to the original post of the bits floating to the top.  I'm wondering if the issue was the BWB which basically liquifies everything again after it's cooked and starting to set.  I don't do a BWB for jams, just fill the jars and seal.  Are you still BWB because the jars in the window look like they have a really good distribution of bits. 

salsalady said:
just Like-bombed Musky's jelly window.  Gorgeous!

Re- pepper jellies- I agree with Boss, and I do not care for fruit jams/jellys with green jalapenos. I dunno, maybe it's just me.  I just don't think green jalapenos taste right with a sweet ripe fruit.  RED jalapenos...now that's a different story....
does anyone know of a savory green jalapeno jam/jelly?  Just wondering if such a thing exists, or what it would be used for.

edit- Musky, back to the original post of the bits floating to the top.  I'm wondering if the issue was the BWB which basically liquifies everything again after it's cooked and starting to set.  I don't do a BWB for jams, just fill the jars and seal.  Are you still BWB because the jars in the window look like they have a really good distribution of bits.
Thanks! :)

Yep. Still doing a BWB and it seems to be working fine for me. It was just that first batch that was giving me problems for some reason.

Cool!  Whatever it was, you got it sorted out. 

edit- it seems like that scenario happens frequently.  I dunno what it was or what it is...but it's fixed now...  :lol:

I have only ever used Certo, but the Pomona says it works with low sugar.  That could be benefitial if making a savory pepper jelly.  Kinda spendy at the Amazon price.  But when looking at the listing I saw one of These which looks pretty cool.  8oz capacity would work great for small runs of 5oz woozies. 

Back