• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Jamie Olliver: Chili head

I don't know if y'all know Jamie Oliver, but he's The Naked Chef over here, a famour chef (not naked IRL, it describes his cooking style or something) who has lead a crusade to improve school meals, trained feckless drop outs to be chefs (good on him), rides a scooter and is generally a funky young chap.

Anyway, we have a tv program called Top Gear, about cars, as well. He was on the other night, doing the feature called "Star in a reasonably priced car", which involves bombing around a race track in a crappy car.

During the interview, when asked about diets, he said (as far as I can recall)

"Eat chillis. They're great. They speed your metabolism up by up to 25%, and you can get high on them too. Just pop a couple and go clubbing".

Official endorsement for the endorphin rush if ever I've heard it :)

ha cool..i've never heard of the naked chef...but i love top gear. i'll have to try and find a video clip of that one somewhere.

I liked the program where he improved the school cafeteria meals. Its amazing what garbage they are allowed to serve to kids. The best was when he showed kids exactly what goes into making processed chicken nuggets, a valuable lesson learned early.

POTAWIE said:
I liked the program where he improved the school cafeteria meals. Its amazing what garbage they are allowed to serve to kids. The best was when he showed kids exactly what goes into making processed chicken nuggets, a valuable lesson learned early.
Heck, I'll take it a step beyond that and say I can't beleive what they feed humans!

I've always liked the Naked Chef. Back when I watched TV, my mother and I would sit down and watch him cook whenever we got a chance.

Back